Then and Now: From Phone Numbers to Website Chat
Once upon a time, you couldn’t sell a product without providing a phone number on the label. Then it was the turn of an email address. And today, it is chat. Except this chat is prominently on your website, available over the desktop or a mobile device, preferably the smartphone. Website chat gains even more significance today as texting is how the new customer (read, millennials, Gen Z) likes to communicate.
RESEARCH SAYS WEBSITE CHAT SATISFIES
Live chat has a satisfaction rating higher
than that of self-service and email. (Forrester)
For businesses going through a digital transformation,
web chat is a top growth focus. (Dimension Data)
If you decide to implement chat software on your website
Standalone website chat software providers should be a strict no, because apart from being digital, your next-gen customers are also omnichannel.
- The chat interface should be simple, but the solution shouldn’t work in a silo
- The customer experience should be easy, but the technology behind it should be serious
Features for an omnichannel experience
- eGain Chat is a mature solution built on the eGain customer engagement hub platform. It connects with the other channels in the eGain suite and even with third-party platforms to provide a seamless, omnichannel customer experience.
- Enhance the effectiveness of chat by combining with cobrowse.
- Enable escalations to other assisted channels like click-to-call or video chat, with full context.
- Escalations from a web self-service session to a website chat session should be easy and with full context.
- Allow transfer of conversations between a chatbot and a chat agent and vice versa.
- Allow your chat agent to get assistance from other agents and supervisors during an interaction without the customer being aware of it.
- Configure post-chat surveys to measure customer satisfaction and bottlenecks.
eGain helps big businesses chat
Our experts are armed with best-practices, domain knowledge, and experience. When you implement eGain Chat, you get their expertise, too. Not just that, our live chat software comes embedded with best practices gathered from implementations for blue-chip clients over the last two decades. And it’s yours to benefit from.
Website chat transforms customer experiences: Read customer stories
88,000 calls have been deflected using website chat software from eGain and a further 41,000 calls have been eliminated altogether, with call waiting times halved.
- Reactive chat received an average 5 star customer rating from 600,000 visitors
- Proactive chat offered secure “helping hands” to as many as 2000 customers a day, building trust.