Knowledge Management in Travel and Hospitality
Industry challenges and eGain solutions
Self-service solutions can safeguard margins
Transaction value varies widely from high-value interactions that are enhanced by direct contact to low-margin transactions where agent intervention would impact profitability.
- We have worked with leading travel and hospitality organizations to provide a range of web self-service solutions with intelligent escalation to email and web chat and collaboration solutions.
Customers browse before they buy
Customers are increasingly using the web to inform or facilitate their travel plans.
- Our adaptive self-service product helps organizations provide multiple ways of finding information. Intelligent escalation to email and web chat and collaboration solutions is easy to set up. The email management product can also be used to send outbound emails to a mailing list.
Coping with high email volumes
The volume and type of customer inquiries can vary significantly in response to events or competitive offers.
- Our products are designed to support the spike in volume caused by events such as special promotions. They enable organizations to closely monitor trends, receive alerts when service levels may be compromised, and disseminate new responses rapidly across multiple channels.
Good service is a key factor in choice
With many competing organizations to choose from, poor customer service is one of the major reasons why businesses lose customers.
- Some of the industry’s most agile organizations have set up truly distinctive and innovative customer interaction hubs with eGain products for web self-service, email response management, web collaboration, and knowledge management.
Choice of channels is important
Customers increasingly expect to be able to get help online, and be offered a choice of contact methods, including the option to have replies by email rather than direct contact over the phone.
- eGain has worked with organizations to set up integrated solutions providing frequently asked questions (FAQ), email response, guided help, and web collaboration to complement and support phone-based inquiries.