NEXT-GEN CONSUMERS DEMAND MESSAGING IN CUSTOMER SERVICE
Next-gen consumers like to text with friends and even family rather than phone them
No wonder they also want to interact with businesses the same way. They have driven up the popularity of messaging as a communication channel—there are 1.3 billion users on Facebook Messenger, which continues to add 100M users every 5-6 months. According to CTIA, 1.5 trillion text messages were sent in 2017 alone.
By 2020, around 50 million consumers will opt in to receive business SMS!
Businesses are getting the message, pun intended, and are starting to engage and serve customers through messaging. However, this is a relatively new domain where the dos and don’ts for its success are just starting to emerge.
Want to know what they are? Based on our experience with blue-chip clients in providing digital customer service at scale, we’ve put these practices together for you.
Messaging Hub, For Happy Customer and Business Experience
A hub avoids silos, offers true omnichannel experience, and makes it easy to add new messaging channels as they emerge.
Digital Desktop, For Easy Agent Experience
Agents need the right tools to handle all the new messaging mediums they’ll be handling every day.
eGain’s digital-first, omnichannel agent desktop is designed to handle all messaging and non-messaging channels from a single desktop.
- SBLI insures total customer happiness with eGain
- eGain reimagines omnichannel customer engagement with conversational automation, augmented agents, and full-spectrum analytics
- eGain enables conversational customer service through Facebook® Messenger™
- eGain Solve for Apple Business Chat
- Call Centre Helper Research Shows That Customers Have a Love-Hate Relationship with Messaging Apps