COVID-19 Triggers Demand for Digital Service
COVID-19 has created a surge in demand for customer service. As phone wait times escalated, consumers have been flooding digital channels for service. Some industries were/are better prepared than others, reveals a groundbreaking consumer survey, conducted by Dimensional Research® on our behalf.
DOWNLOAD REPORT OF THE FINDINGS
The report includes
- Digital adoption and customer satisfaction across generational demographics—Gen Z, millennials, Gen X, and baby boomers
- Consistency of answers and service across touchpoints
- Performance of various industries in digital customer service
- Banks and Credit Unions
- Communications Service Providers
- Healthcare and Health Insurance
- Retail, including online retail
Customer satisfaction with digital touchpoints: Chatbots rank lowest
Consumers were asked, “How would you rate your satisfaction with customer service at the following touchpoints since the onset of COVID-19?” Consumers chose 1 for the best and 6 for the worst.
Chatbots aka virtual assistants rank at the bottom among digital service options, that included chatbots, messaging, chat, cobrowse, email, and social.