reduction in call volume as issues are resolved through web self-service
and more issues were resolved through web self-service by telco customers
web self-service users find accurate information on the website
Improve customer service, reduce cost of service…
Or, do more with less
Margin pressure in the telecom business is an ever-present reality. Reducing the cost of service by increasing the proportion of customer contacts resolved through web self-service is a key driver. However, it is critical to do so without compromising customer satisfaction.
Telecom businesses have struggled to deliver effective web self-service because of many reasons.
- Outdated, incomplete knowledge on the website
- Growing breadth, depth, and complexity of packages, services, and devices
Self-help is the best help
eGain solutions for customer self-service help you provide your customers with convenient access to information as well as detailed help with procedural or troubleshooting tasks. Telecom companies deploying eGain use a range of tools and features to make the customer self-service experience engaging and intuitive.
- Flexible and configurable user experience templates
- Interactive chatbot for website navigation
- Self-organizing FAQs for common problems
- Federated search across website, intranet, and internet resources
- Faceted browse and search to provide alternative routes to content
- Interactive guidance for complex troubleshooting
- Widgets with in-context FAQs deployed across product pages
- Profiled access for mobile devices
Further, eGain solutions ensure that customers never feel like they are trapped in web self-service. If, for any reason, they cannot find the right answer, they always have the option of escalating their query (with their self-service context to avoid repetition) to email or chat agents.
Mobile self-service is big
Finally, as customers adopt smartphones as their primary means of accessing the Internet, telecom organizations are increasingly focusing on delivering a rich customer care experience on the mobile device. With eGain, the same knowledge can be served consistently through self-service interfaces across the web and mobile devices.