Software Engineer II
Hundreds of global brands trust eGain to automate customer engagement and empower employees in a digital-first world. Powered by knowledge and AI, our solution is top-rated by Gartner and Forrester.
We dream big and sweat details. We are diverse, optimistic, and tenacious. We take pride in what we do but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If for you work is fun, talk to us. We will not waste your time.
POSITION: SOFTWARE ENGINEER II
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 2 to 5 years in software development in software product companies
- Understand, troubleshoot, and refactor existing programs of moderate to high complexity (this includes improving tests as well as functional code).
- Design and develop (DTCD) bug fixes and feature enhancements in existing modules/products.
- Based on approved design, develop, test, and document new modules, applications, or infrastructure components and their extensions.
- Estimate tasks and projects of roughly 1-person day to 1-person week level effort.
- Enter daily report of work progress against planned target, including any exceptions.
- Follow the mandated processes and adhere to Design/ Test / Code / Document guidelines.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s in Engineering from a top-rated engineering school like the IITs, NITs, BITS-Pilani, COEP, VJTI, or an equivalent school from another country.
- Good communication skills. Should be able to communicate well within and outside the organization.
- Good inter-personal skills. Should be able to work well in teams and have the character to appreciate others’ work.
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to remain on top of one’s work.
- High learnability. Be able to pick up new ideas and concepts.
- Experience of software development in a software products company.
Our Hiring Process is “Easy with eGain”
Step 1: Written test (should take roughly 120 minutes of your time)
- Aptitude section
- Functional section
We will let you know within two business days of your taking the test if you have progressed to the interview stage. The interview will be scheduled no later than 7 calendar days after the test.
Step 2: Panel interview (max 60 minutes)
Step 3: Selection: You will receive a written offer, if selected, within 3 days of the interview.
Email your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title “Software Engineer II” in the email subject.