Performance Test Engineer
Hundreds of global brands trust eGain to automate customer engagement and empower employees in a digital-first world. Powered by knowledge and AI, our solution is top-rated by Gartner and Forrester.
We dream big and sweat details. We are diverse, optimistic, and tenacious. We take pride in what we do but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If for you work is fun, talk to us. We will not waste your time.
POSITION: PERFORMANCE TEST ENGINEER
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 2 to 4 years
Performance testing team is a central team in eGain which is catering to different flavors of eGain product. We are working on adding other products to this team as well.
- Understand the business/ functional requirements and technical specifications to develop/enhance Load Test Scripts
- Understand/explore various scenarios which could cause performance bottlenecks
- Explore performance issues in the application using APM tools/current performance test data
- Debug, troubleshoot and collaborate with appropriate technical teams
- Drive continuous improvement into the Performance Testing process
- Drive automation of various repetitive tasks to reduce the turnaround time of test execution / analysis
- Understand and script complex application behavior
- Comprehensive reporting of performance benchmarks to appropriate stakeholders
Education and Experience
- BE/B-Tech from reputed engineering colleges
- Excellent analytical and logical skills
- Expertise in a load test tool like JMeter, understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (Java, C++, C#), SQL Queries, and good troubleshooting skills (Thread dump, Heap dump & GC Analysis)
- Good understanding of web-based applications, database & browser concepts (HTTP, connections, cookies, caching, and more)
- Strong interpersonal skills, high motivation, ability to learn quickly, and must be a self-starter
- Good communication skills – Should be able to communicate well within and outside the organization
Our Hiring Process is “Easy with eGain”
Step 1: Written test (should take roughly 120 minutes of your time)
- Aptitude section
- Functional section
We will let you know within two business days of your taking the test if you have progressed to the interview stage. The interview will be scheduled no later than 7 calendar days after the test.
Step 2: Panel interview (max 60 minutes)
Step 3: Selection: You will receive a written offer, if selected, within 3 days of the interview.
Email your resumé to email@example.com with the position title “Performance Test Engineer” in the email subject.