Accounts Receivable Accountant
Hundreds of global brands trust eGain to automate customer engagement and empower employees in a digital-first world. Powered by knowledge and AI, our solution is top-rated by Gartner and Forrester.
We dream big and sweat details. We are diverse, optimistic, and tenacious. We take pride in what we do but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If for you work is fun, talk to us. We will not waste your time.
POSITION: ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE ACCOUNTANT
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
The successful Accounts Receivable Accountant candidate will enjoy working and learning with professionals across a wide variety of departments, interfacing with team members in the US, UK, and India. To join this team, you must be a flexible and nimble multitasker who possesses very strong communication and organizational skills. At eGain, we are proud to be the leading provider of cloud-based customer engagement solutions and if you feel you are a strong match for this position, we would be excited to get to know you.
- Maintain customer onboarding and the accuracy of customer database records
- Perform analysis on customer accounts
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files
- Prepare JE’s and related account reconciliations
- Prepare bank deposits, process cash receipts, and reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash
- Investigate and resolve customer and internal queries
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Support our global sales teams regarding questions about billing and contracts
- Understand the company’s products and business model to identify potential areas which would improve or streamline revenue-related operations
- Ensure all renewals are processed timely
- Assist with billing, revenue, and FPA teams
- Perform documentation, reporting, reconciliations, and executive summaries
- Assist with accounting projects as needed, including quarterly external audit
- Work cross-functionally with tech support, marketing, legal, sales, and sales support as needed
- Manage customer aging to ensure timely collections and accurate allocation of payments
Education and Experience
- BA degree in accounting or other Finance related field
- Work experience in an accounting-related field
- Working knowledge of NetSuite and Microsoft Dynamics
- Strong working knowledge of using formulas, pivot tables, and v-lookup in MS Excel
Our Hiring Process is “Easy with eGain”
Step 1: Online test (should take roughly 120 minutes of your time)
- Aptitude section
- Functional section
We will let you know within 2 business days of your taking the test if you have progressed to the interview stage. The interview will be scheduled no later than 7 calendar days after the test.
Step 2: Panel interview (max 60 minutes)
Step 3: Selection: You will receive a written offer, if selected, within 3 days of the interview.
Email your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title “Accounts Receivable Accountant” in the email subject.