Contact Center AI – Sorry, No Chasm, No Trough!
Geoffrey Moore wrote about the dreaded “chasm” in his hi-tech marketing bible, Crossing the Chasm, where technologies go to die if they don’t gain traction among mainstream buyers.
Gartner talks about the “trough of disillusionment” in their hype cycle—for example, the AI hype in customer engagement and everywhere—where many technologies perish or take years to get out of, if at all. Sorry, no such thing for AI in the contact center this time around.
eGain has many killer AI for contact center use-cases and real-world success stories from its blue-chip clients. Here are some eye-popping ROI examples from these clients.
Contact Center AI: Telco
- 23% improvement in FCR (First-Contact Resolution)
- 20% increase in NPS (Net Promoter Score)
- 50% reduction in agent time-to-competency across 10,000 agents and 550 retail stores
- 38% reduction in “no fault” handset exchanges and returns
Contact Center AI: Banking and Financial Services
- NPS elevated from #4 to #1
- Agent training time reduced by 60%
- 67% reduction in AHT (Average Handle Time)
- 30% improvement in compliance
- 80% reduction in resolution time
Contact Center AI: Branded Manufacturing/Retail
- 25% increase in sales through service
- 33% increase in agent productivity
- $50M+ annual savings through unwarranted truck roll (field service) reduction
With such transformational ROI and proven use-cases, AI in the contact center will not only avoid Gartner’s trough or plateau but will fly straight from the “peak of inflated expectations” to the “peak of productivity.” Join us in the flight with a no-risk, no-brainer, technology consumption model or read about it first!