of customers find it extremely frustrating to repeat
of customers will call the contact center if they cannot find an answer easily
relevancy of knowledge base articles reduces the number of calls into a contact center
The travel and hospitality industry has seen more web-influenced changes than most other industries. Customers expect to find real-time information and help online, and be offered a choice of contact methods, including the option to have replies by email rather than direct contact over the phone.
Industry challenges and eGain solutions
Self-service solutions can safeguard margins
Transaction value varies widely from high-value interactions that are enhanced by direct contact to low-margin transactions where agent intervention would impact profitability.
- We have worked with leading travel and hospitality organizations to provide a range of web self-service solutions with intelligent escalation to email and web chat and collaboration solutions.
Good service is a key factor in choice
With many competing organizations to choose from, poor customer service is one the major reasons why businesses lose customers.
- Some of the industry’s most agile organizations have set up truly distinctive and innovative customer interaction hubs with eGain products for web self-service, email response management, web collaboration, and knowledge management.
Customers browse before they buy
Customers are increasingly using the web to inform or facilitate their travel plans.
- Our adaptive self-service product helps organizations provide multiple ways of finding information. Intelligent escalation to email and web chat and collaboration solutions is easy to set up. The email management product can also be used to send outbound emails to a mailing list.
Choice of channels is important
Customers increasingly expect to be able to get help online, and be offered a choice of contact methods, including the option to have replies by email rather than direct contact over the phone.
- eGain has worked with organizations to set up integrated solutions providing frequently asked questions (FAQ), email response, guided help, and web collaboration to complement and support phone-based inquiries.
Coping with high email volumes
The volume and type of customer inquiries can vary significantly in response to events or competitive offers.
- Our products are designed to support the spike in volume caused by events such as special promotions. They enable organizations to closely monitor trends, receive alerts when service levels may be compromised, and disseminate new responses rapidly across multiple channels.
- Global travel services company deploys eGain Cloud for digital customer service
- White paper: Managing Customer Emails: 10 Telltale Signs You Have Outgrown Lotus® Notes