The global Artificial Intelligence in healthcare market is expected to reach >$8 billion by 2026
– Acumen Research and Consulting
Global spending on health is expected to increase to USD 18.28 trillion by 2040
– World Bank Group and the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at University of Washington
Global healthcare expenditure forecast for 2017-22: 5.4% annual rate of increase
What’s buzzing in healthcare
- Customer or patient experience
- Regulatory compliance
- Price transparency
What these mean for healthcare companies
The way to a patient’s heart is through PERSONALIZED CARE
Health care should always remain a high-touch, personalized experience.
DIGITAL is everywhere, including in patient care
From the record system to the interaction system, digital transformation is the name of the game. Today’s patients—you can call them the “Amazon generation”—their expectations have been set in the retail world, which they bring to healthcare experience, too.
Also, disruptors are the proof that the ones that digitalize are the ones that will not just survive, but thrive.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE for healthcare is real and here
From detection to diagnostics to training and customer service, there are many applications of AI in healthcare. The challenge is to know what is sustainable and doesn’t denote high-risk in sensitive cases.
How to provide the patient experience that delights
Know your customers and patients. Digitalize patient records. Keep them updated. Make customer information accessible to your staff at the time of need.
Use journey analytics to know their online and offline behavior and path to resolution.
Be proactive in informing customers about upcoming appointments, prescription refills, medicine availability. Try to do it over the channel the customer finds convenient—whether email, SMS, messaging, or phone.
Gift customers and patients the power of knowledge
- Equip the virtual assistant to respond to the most commonly asked questions like the location of the clinic near me, finding my doctor, and scheduling an appointment.
- Use collaboration tools and new technologies like video chat and cobrowsing to educate patients about pricing, how to find information online, or how to administer first aid, take medicines, and follow doctor’s advice.
- Provide the self-service tools (website, FAQ, virtual assistant) customers can use to find answers on their own.
- Offer AI guidance within self-service for complex scenarios.
- When that isn’t enough, allow seamless escalation to email or chat or phone for a true omnichannel experience.
Improve customer experience by giving patients the chance to seek customer service when and how they want, by designing journeys that allow seamless escalation to agent assistance, and by sticking to service levels.
Improve employee engagement with the right desktop for your healthcare agents. The workstation should be the one-stop shop for all agent needs, when they are servicing a patient request.