eGain customer engagement solutions deliver digital transformation for leading brands – powered by virtual assistance, AI, knowledge, and analytics. Our comprehensive suite of applications help clients deliver memorable, digital-first customer experiences in an omnichannel world. To find out more about eGain, visit https://www.egain.com.
POSITION: UI ENGINEER
Location: Pune, India
The UI Engineer will work on all our customer-facing user interface development as a part of customer deployment projects. This will involve building sophisticated experiences for customers using the eGain platform. Working within a small team of skillful developers, the Web UI Engineer will contribute towards Web UI development across our industry-leading products.
- Work, as part of the team, on the development of features and support of existing products, the designs for which have been approved by the Architecture groups.
- Propose approaches/designs and get them approved by Subject Matter Expert and Architect (subject to the complexity of issue).
- Adheres to Rules of Engagement for Engineering.
- Identify and communicate improved code design to the team for standardization.
- Test the product areas impacted by code churn (feature development as well as fixes) and create automated tests where possible.
- Provide detailed documentation on the work he/she does, to help,
- QA create Test Cases
- Documentation team create documents for releases – Release Notes, User Guides
- Provide high level estimates (efforts and delivery date) for tasks being worked upon to Team and Project Leads.
- Participate in internal training sessions to acquire expertise, to become a Subject Matter Expert on one or more modules.
- Look for usability and serviceability improvements in product area he/she gets to work on.
- Travel to other geographies, during the project initiation phase, and for direct customer support.
- 2+ year of professional experience in web development, using Angular 2 (Angular 7/8 optional) framework.
- Good understanding of Web Services (e.g., RESTful services), including the ability to programmatically interact with data formats, including XML and JSON.
- Good understanding of one of the cloud providers, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Good understanding of building responsive web applications.
- Experience of designing well-formed user experiences through modern web technologies.
- Ability to write well-structured, testable, easy-to-understand code.
- Self-motivated, professional, enthusiastic, reliable.
- Ability to work well in a team, and solve problems.
- Experience working with the SQL Server BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS).
- Experience of development using Entity Mapping Frameworks.
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word to email@example.com, and include the position in the subject line of the email.