eGain customer engagement solutions deliver digital transformation for leading brands – powered by virtual assistance, AI, knowledge, and analytics. Our comprehensive suite of applications help clients deliver memorable, digital-first customer experiences in an omnichannel world. To find out more about eGain, visit https://www.egain.com.
POSITION: TECHNICAL WRITER
Location: Pune, India
Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia, web-based publications and user sites; may produce content for embedded user assistance technology. Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation. Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users. May document engineering processes and specifications. Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements. Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
- 1-3 years of planning, writing, and publishing product documentation, including online help, user guides, and technical guides for software applications
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong information design skills
- Graphics skills and familiarity with tools like Visio, Gliffy, etc., a plus
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time
- Willingness to work with teams in other geographies (UK and US)
- Degree in English, Journalism, Instructional Design, or Computer Science
- Experience developing courseware for classroom, web, and eLearning
- Working with remote teams
- Must be able to travel to other offices of eGain if needed—travel period may vary from one to two weeks
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word, to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position in the subject line of the email.