We are leaders in cloud-based digital customer engagement solutions. Top-rated by Gartner and Forrester, our platform delivers unparalleled value and differentiated innovation. Designed for users and infused with AI, our rich apps are organized in three hubs: messaging hub, knowledge hub, and analytics hub. Working together, they help businesses connect, solve, and optimize customer interactions across all touch points.
If your work is your play, then talk to us.
POSITION: 24×7 Technical Support Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Experience: 4 to 6 Years
- Experience in supporting client/server and J2EE applications (Java, XML, JScript, C, EJB)
- Experience with browser technologies (products, plug-ins) on different platforms
- Hands on experience with HTML, DHTML, Java-Script
- Web server knowledge or experience (MS-IIS)
- Experience or understanding of networking
- Working knowledge of Mail server protocols IMAP, POP3
- Working knowledge of relational databases (DB2, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, MS SQL Server)
- Provide call and email support to customers responding to a variety of customer requests as it pertains to eGain’s suite of enterprise software applications
- Communicate effectively with customers and internal resources of varying levels of technical expertise
- Work effectively with offshore teams, coordinating issue resolution and customer communication
- Work with other members within Technical Support to research and resolve customer problems and provide root cause analysis such as reviewing design documentation, analyzing log files, reviewing software code
- Contribute to product development with feedback on customer issues to Product Engineering
- Work on specific project assignments, including such things as process/ tools improvement, maintenance of the Technical Support website, development of technical documents, etc
- Replicate and report customer found defects
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME), in specific functional and technical areas
- Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of customer service and contribute to the knowledge base
- Serve as a mentor to level 1 support members
- Keep updated with product changes and new features
- As a 24×7 Technical Support engineer, able to work on duty days and recovery days (schedule includes night shifts). Please refer to Note 1.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong customer service skills and an eagerness to excel
- Experience or understanding of Windows operating systems (Linux a plus) and Internet Explorer (Firefox or Tomcat a plus)
Please mail your CV to email@example.com. with the position title in the subject of the mail.