eGain customer engagement solutions power digital transformation for leading brands. Our top-rated cloud applications for social, mobile, web, and contact centers help clients deliver connected customer journeys in an omnichannel world. To learn more about eGain, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, or browse our website.
We are currently looking for professionals to be a part of our Technical Support team in Newbury, UK. They will be joining as Technical Support Engineers in the department.
POSITION: TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
Location: Newbury, UK
eGain is looking for outstanding graduates to undertake our Technical Support/Customer Success Trainee Programme. As an eGain trainee, you will work on meaningful projects that link to our key business priorities, undertake first class training and participate in exciting social activities. Through both training and mentoring, our program is designed to be the first step towards your ideal career.
eGain will train you to become a world class customer success stakeholder by mastering the following skills:
- Provide telephone and email support to customers by responding to a variety of customer requests as they pertain to eGain’s suite of enterprise software applications.
- Communicate effectively with customers and internal resources of varying levels of technical expertise.
- Work effectively with offshore teams, coordinating issue resolution and customer communication.
- Work with other members within Technical Support to research and resolve customer problems, and provide root cause analysis such as reviewing design documentation, analyzing log files, reviewing software code.
- Contribute to product development by providing feedback on customer issues to Product Engineering.
- Work on specific project assignments, including such things as process/tools improvement, maintenance of the Technical Support website, development of technical documents, etc.
- Replicate and report customer found defects.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in specific functional and technical areas.
- Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of customer service and contribute to the knowledge base.
- Serve as a mentor to level 1 support members.
- Stay updated with product changes and new features.
- Able to travel to customers’ sites up to 30% of the time.
- Able to work with different shifts.
If you want to build on your success as a graduate, are ready to work hard and immerse yourself in the experience, then our traineeship is the perfect opportunity for you.
What we’re looking for
- We are looking for exceptional graduates who can not only show strong academic credentials, but can also show a commitment to furthering their career, a desire to learn and progress and have a positive, tenacious attitude.
- We ask for a minimum 2:1 in Computer Science or IT.
- Ability to travel (preferably hold a clean UK Driver’s License) within the UK, and potentially work from a customer site for a period of time, potentially away from home.
What we offer
In exchange, we offer excellent training which will be beneficial in advancing your career. The skills you’ll acquire will open the doors to other departments such as Cloud Devops, Development, Professional Services or Pre-Sales Engineering. It will provide the opportunity to be a valued team member and have experiences that could be instrumental in your success. In addition to this, eGain offers an excellent working environment, great benefits and a competitive salary.
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position in the subject line of the email.