eGain customer engagement solutions deliver digital transformation for leading brands – powered by virtual assistance, AI, knowledge, and analytics. Our comprehensive suite of applications help clients deliver memorable, digital-first customer experiences in an omnichannel world. To find out more about eGain, visit https://www.egain.com.
This engineering position is at Tampa, Florida.
POSITION: SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Location: Tampa, FL
Experience: 1 to 3 years
Looking for passionate individuals to design, develop, and install optimal solutions that will use next-gen analytics to positively influence the client’s business and improve customer engagement. You’ll be working as a full stack developer and will be part of eGain’s core engineering team. You will regularly deal with designing optimal and secure solutions for high-traffic websites. You’ll have to quickly evaluate solutions for feasibility and develop innovative solutions that refine the product data strategy. The features you’ll be developing will be used by several eGain customers, and so is a good opportunity to make a visible impact on the client’s business.
- Work in an Agile environment to deliver simple/complex features or enhance the existing ones
- Follow SDLC lifecycle, entailing a critical review on product requirements, seek clarification as necessary, design, review and implement a scalable solution
- Collaborate across teams to develop features which integrate smoothly with the eGain product set, and educate other eGain teams about them
- Estimate the complexity of features, provide correct estimates, and deliver the feature on time
- Do quick analyses to evaluate gap/risk before the design and be able to defend it
- Work with the latest technologies to build features for these analytics-driven products
- 1+ year of software development experience with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong 1+ year hands-on experience in Java
- Must have 1+ year experience of working on Unix
- Strong understanding of database and ready to work on NoSQL/Hadoop technologies
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and reasoning skills
- Capable of learning new technologies quickly
- Can clarify requirements with PMs, come with a technical design to a problem and then execute the implementation with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate their thoughts clearly and write code cleanly
- Can-do attitude is a must
- Collaborate with cross-geography teams on projects and assignments
- Experience in Hadoop-based technologies would be a nice-to-have
- Work experience with AWS is a plus
- Previous experience with Web Services, storage, distributed systems and system-level programming
- Possess solid software development background, including data structures and algorithms
- Follow Agile development practices and can follow test-driven development
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of Kafka, Spark, Phoenix, Angular, Memcache are nice-to-haves
- Experience in troubleshooting production environments
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word, to email@example.com, and include the position in the subject line of the email.