Software Engineer UI
Hundreds of global brands trust eGain to automate customer engagement and empower employees in a digital-first world. Powered by knowledge and AI, our solution is top-rated by Gartner and Forrester.
We dream big and sweat details. We are diverse, optimistic, and tenacious. We take pride in what we do but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If for you work is fun, talk to us. We will not waste your time.
POSITION: SOFTWARE ENGINEER UI
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 4 to 6 years UI development
The UI Engineer will work on customer-facing user interface development, building sophisticated experiences for customers using the eGain platform. The engineer will work with the UI development team and will contribute towards Web UI development across our industry-leading products.
- Develop features and support existing products, the design for which has been approved by the architecture groups
- Propose designs and get them approved by Subject Matter Expert
- Adhere to Rules of Engagement for Engineering
- Identify and communicate improved code design to the team for standardization
- Perform development testing and create automated tests where possible
- Provide detailed documentation for the work done to help QA build test cases and for consumption by the Release Documentation team
- Provide high-level effort estimates to team and project leads for tasks being worked on
- Participate in internal training sessions to acquire expertise, to become a Subject Matter Expert on one or more modules
- Look for usability and serviceability improvements in the product area they get to work on
Education and Experience
- Good understanding of RESTful Web Services, including the ability to programmatically interact with data formats, including XML and JSON
- Good understanding of one of the cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Good understanding of building responsive web applications
- Ability to write well-structured, testable, easy-to-understand code
- Self-motivated, professional, enthusiastic, reliable
- Ability to work well in a team, and problem-solve collaboratively
Our Hiring Process is “Easy with eGain”
Step 1: Written test (should take roughly 120 minutes of your time)
- Aptitude section
- Functional section
We will let you know within 2 business days of your taking the test if you have progressed to the interview stage. The interview will be scheduled no later than 7 calendar days after the test.
Step 2: Panel interview (max 60 minutes)
Step 3: Selection: You will receive a written offer, if selected, within 3 days of the interview.
Email your resumé to email@example.com with the position title “Software Engineer UI” in the email subject.