eGain customer engagement solutions deliver digital transformation for leading brands – powered by virtual assistance, AI, knowledge, and analytics. Our comprehensive suite of applications help clients deliver memorable, digital-first customer experiences in an omnichannel world. To find out more about eGain, visit https://www.egain.com.
We are currently looking for software engineers to be a part of our Product Engineering team at Pune, India.
POSITION: SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 3 to 5 years
The UI engineer will work on all our customer-facing user interface development as part of customer deployment projects. This will involve building sophisticated experiences for customers, using the eGain platform. A part of a small team of skillful developers, the Web UI Engineer will work on Web UI development across our industry-leading products.
- Work, as part of the team, on the development of features and to support existing products, the design for which has been approved by the architecture groups
- Propose approaches and designs and get them approved by Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Architect (subject to complexity of issue)
- Adhere to Rules of Engagement for Engineering
- Identify and communicate to the team the improved code design for standardization
- Test the product areas impacted by code churn (feature development as well as fixes) and create automated tests where possible
- Provide detailed documentation on the work you do, to help
- Preview Test Cases created by QA
- Help documentation team to create documents for releases—Release Notes, Users Guides
- Provide to team and project leads high-level estimates (effort and delivery date) for tasks being worked upon
- Participate in internal training sessions to acquire expertise to become an SME on one or more modules
- Look for usability and serviceability improvements in the product area you get to work on
- Travel to other geographies, during project initiation phase and for direct customer support
- 3+ year of professional experience in web development using React framework
- Good understanding of Web Services (e.g., RESTful services), along with the ability to programmatically interact with data formats, including XML and JSON
- Good understanding of one of the cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Good understanding of building responsive web applications
- Experience of designing well-formed user experiences through modern web technologies
- Ability to write well-structured, testable, easy-to-understand code
- Self-motivated, professional, enthusiastic, reliable
- Able to work well in a team, and problem-solve collaboratively
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word, to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position in the subject line of the email.