eGain customer engagement solutions deliver digital transformation for leading brands – powered by virtual assistance, AI, knowledge, and analytics. Our comprehensive suite of applications help clients deliver memorable, digital-first customer experiences in an omnichannel world. To find out more about eGain, visit https://www.egain.com.
We are looking for software development professionals to join our Product Engineering team in the Pune office. Product Engineering (PE) adds new capabilities to existing eGain products, works on new product features in collaboration with the Product Management team, supports released products deployed to our customers for any defects reported and works towards development process automation. This team also takes up technology or architectural changes to existing products.
POSITION: SOFTWARE ENGINEER I
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 1 to 3 years in software development in software product companies
- Understand, troubleshoot, and refactor existing programs of moderate to high complexity (this includes improving tests as well as functional code)
- Design and develop (DTCD) bug fixes and feature enhancements in existing modules/products.
- Based on approved design, develop, test, and document new modules, applications, or infrastructure components and their extensions.
- Estimate tasks and projects of roughly 1 person day to 1 person week level effort
- Enter daily report of work progress against planned target, including any exceptions
- Follow the mandated processes and adhere to Design/Test/Code/Document guideline
- Bachelors in Engineering from a top rated engineering school like the IITs, NITs, BITS-Pilani, COEP, VJTI or an equivalent school from another country
- Good communication skills. Should be able to communicate well within and outside the organization
- Good inter-personal skills – ability to work well in teams and a character to appreciate others’ work.
- Enthusiasm – eagerness to remain on top of one’s work
- High learnability – be able to pick up new ideas / concepts.
- Software development experience in a software products’ company that works in the in CRM domain
- Should have ideally worked in at least one release start to end.
- Should have worked in a single company if 2 years’ experience; and should not have changed more than 1 job if more than 2 years’ total experience.
- Should be able to travel to other offices of eGain and/or customer offices. Travel period may vary from a week to 3 months.
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word, to email@example.com, and include the position in the subject line of the email.