eGain customer engagement solutions deliver digital transformation for leading brands – powered by virtual assistance, AI, knowledge, and analytics. Our comprehensive suite of applications help clients deliver memorable, digital-first customer experiences in an omnichannel world. To find out more about eGain, visit https://www.egain.com.
About the Product Engineering team
Product Engineering (PE) adds new capabilities to existing eGain products, works on new product features in collaboration with the Product Management team, supports released products deployed to our customers for any defects reported and works towards development process automation. This team also takes up technology or architectural changes to existing products.
We are looking for software development professionals to join our Product Engineering team at the Pune, India office.
POSITION: SOFTWARE ENGINEER I
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 1 to 3 years in software development in software product companies
- Application Servers – WildFly, Jetty
- JDK – JDK 8, OpenJDK11
- J2EE technologies – Java, JSP, JS, JMS, Servlets
- ActiveMQ, HornetQ
- ExtJS, AngularJS
- MSSQL 2014, MSSQL 2016 – Standard, Enterprise
- Windows 2012
- Understand, troubleshoot and refactor existing programs of moderate to high complexity (this includes improving tests as well as functional code)
- Design and develop (DTCD) bug fixes and feature enhancements in existing modules/products
- Based on approved design, develop, test and document new modules, applications or infrastructure components and their extensions
- Estimate tasks and projects of roughly 1-person day to 1-person week level effort
- Enter daily report of work progress against planned target, including any exceptions
- Follow the mandated processes and adhere to Design/Test/Code/Document guideline
Must-have qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s in engineering from a top-rated engineering school like the IITs, NITs, BITS-Pilani, COEP, VJTI or an equivalent school from another country
- Good communication skills; should be able to communicate well within and outside the organization
- Good inter-personal skills; ability to work well in teams and a character to appreciate others’ work
- Enthusiasm; eagerness to remain on top of one’s work
- High learnability; be able to pick up new ideas / concepts
Good-to-have qualifications and skills
- Software development experience in a software product company in the CRM domain
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word, to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position in the subject line of the email.