Software Engineer I
Hundreds of global brands trust eGain to automate customer engagement and empower employees in a digital-first world. Powered by knowledge and AI, our solution is top-rated by Gartner and Forrester.
We dream big and sweat details. We are diverse, optimistic, and tenacious. We take pride in what we do but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If work is fun for you, talk to us. We will not waste your time.
POSITION: SOFTWARE ENGINEER I
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 2-4 Years
- You will be taking part in requirement gathering, and presenting design strategies.
- You will have the opportunity to own complete ownership of tasks including documentation at each stage of the development life cycle
- You will be writing / coding stored procedures, functions, triggers and queries for the new enhancements/features / existing product issues.
- You will be taking part in performance analysis of the database operations under stress tests and be challenged to bring out a box approach to problems.
- You will be collaborating with different groups like Cloud/PS/TS/QE.
- You may be required to write utilities for automating tasks using script technologies.
Education and Experience
- About 3 to 5 years of experience in database programming in SQL Server 2012 / 2014 / 2016 / 2019.
- Should have strong knowledge of database design concepts and programming concepts.
- Should have a good understanding of software development life cycle practices.
- Should be able to understand the business requirements.
- Must have experience in Performance Tuning / Optimization skills.
- Should be self-motivated, agile, and enthusiastic about everything to do with data.
- Programming knowledge involving data access layer-related APIs like Java & JDBC.
- Knowledge of additional relational databases and NoSQL/In memory/big data stores.
- Working experience on SSIS or similar ETL technologies.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages like PowerShell and Python in server environments is a plus.
Our Hiring Process is “Easy with eGain”
Step 1: Written test (should take roughly 120 minutes of your time)
- Aptitude section
- Functional section
We will let you know within 2 business days of taking the test if you have progressed to the interview stage. The interview will be scheduled no later than 7 calendar days after the test.
Step 2: Panel interview (max 60 minutes)
Email your resumé to [email protected] with the position title “Software Engineer I” in the email subject.