Hundreds of global brands trust eGain to automate customer engagement and empower employees in a digital-first world. Powered by knowledge and AI, our solution is top-rated by Gartner and Forrester.
We dream big and sweat details. We are diverse, optimistic, and tenacious. We take pride in what we do but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If for you work is fun, talk to us. We will not waste your time.
POSITION: SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 2 to 5 years
We are looking for a dynamic and talented database developer to join the development team in Pune. The database developer should demonstrate excellent technical skills across the Microsoft SQL Server BI stack. The role also involves all aspects of the software development cycle including, requirements capture, design, development, and testing. Working within a small team of skilled developers and architects, the developer would contribute toward product development and support in a fast and agile environment.
- Follow best practices and standards resulting in high-quality code
- Understand security and data protection
- Ensure accurate estimation of work for yourself
- Work with peers and seniors towards the design and development of the software
- Work with QA in supporting the efforts from a technical perspective
- Work with technical support and customers to help resolve product issues
Education and Experience
- Strong knowledge of database design and concepts
- 3+ years experience with Microsoft SQL server
- Excellent database development skills across the Microsoft SQL Server (complex queries, stored procedures, functions, triggers)
- Experience with performance analysis and tuning using SQL Server Performance Monitor and other tools and methods
- Experience with ETL using SSIS including developing ETL components and tasks using C#. Experience with custom components is a bonus
- Experience with other Microsoft SQL Server BI components (SSRS and SSAS)
- Experience in Entity Mapping frameworks
- Experience in working with critical high volume and multi-threaded systems
- Experience with other database technologies
- Experience with scripting languages like PowerShell
- Experience with AWS Databases (Amazon RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift) is a bonus
Our Hiring Process is “Easy with eGain”
Step 1: Written test (should take roughly 120 minutes of your time)
- Aptitude section
- Functional section
We will let you know within 2 business days of your taking the test if you have progressed to the interview stage. The interview will be scheduled no later than 7 calendar days after the test.
Step 2: Panel interview (max 60 minutes)
Step 3: Selection: You will receive a written offer, if selected, within 3 days of the interview.
Email your resumé to email@example.com with the position title “Software Engineer” in the email subject.