eGain customer engagement solutions deliver digital transformation for leading brands – powered by virtual assistance, AI, knowledge, and analytics. Our comprehensive suite of applications help clients deliver memorable, digital-first customer experiences in an omnichannel world. To find out more about eGain, visit https://www.egain.com.
POSITION: SENIOR UI DEVELOPER
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 10 years with at least 6 years in UI development
The Senior UI Developer leads a development team for delivering Web UI for our next generation of products and the maintenance of existing products. This will involve building sophisticated user experiences for eGain customers over the eGain platform using latest UI frameworks. Individuals in this role are expected to have technical leadership skills as well as a penchant for hands-on work. The role requires excellent analytical and design abilities, quality orientation, appreciation for processes, good communication and team development skills. The Senior UI Developer is expected to become Subject Matter Expert in one or more product modules and technology stacks to the extent of owning all future development deliveries in those modules.
- Analyze requirements for new features and products and collaborate with Product Management team for requirement analysis and clarification.
- Propose and document approaches/designs for stated requirements and present them for review by all stakeholders.
- Provide high level effort estimates and delivery schedule for projects being worked upon by the team.
- Develop and deliver new features and support of existing products, using the team at his/her disposal.
- Monitor and maintain adherence to committed schedule and highlight risks and exceptions in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the team adheres to Rules of Engagement for Engineering regrading development process and organization-wide collaboration.
- Maintains quality of delivery by ensuring that the team tests the product areas impacted by code churn (feature development as well as fixes) and creates automated tests where possible.
- Provide detailed documentation and deliver demos on the work delivered by the team to help
- QA create Test Cases
- Documentation team create documents for releases – Release Notes, User’s Guides
- Participate in internal training sessions and demos to share expertise with other Product teams/team members.
- Mentor team members so that they develop good coding practices, in-depth product knowledge and appreciation for processes.
- Collaborate with team members in other geographies for requirements/design clarifications and status update.
- Travel to other geographies, during project initiation phase, and for direct customer support.
- 10 years of professional experience in software development with at least 6 years in Web UI development
- Knowledge of SPA/PWA/front-end frameworks like AngularJS, Angular 2+ or Vue.js etc.
- Knowledge of JS/TS unit testing frameworks (Mocha, Jasmine, Pester, etc.) and UI test automation (e.g. Selenium)
- Good understanding of usability/accessibility and mobile-first principles.
- Good understanding of Web Services (e.g., RESTful services), including the ability to programmatically interact with data formats, including XML and JSON
- Experience with development support tools (Netbeans, Visual Studio Code, Jira, Subversion)
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to manage and mentor a 2-3 person team
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects at various stages of development simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language.
- Flexibility to work out of hours on need basis.
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word, to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position in the subject line of the email.