eGain customer engagement solutions deliver digital transformation for leading brands – powered by virtual assistance, AI, knowledge, and analytics. Our comprehensive suite of applications help clients deliver memorable, digital-first customer experiences in an omnichannel world. To find out more about eGain, visit https://www.egain.com.
POSITION: SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Location: Tampa, FL
Experience: 5 to 8 years in software development in software product companies
Product Engineering (PE) adds new capabilities to existing eGain products, works on new product features in collaboration with the Product Management team, supports released products deployed to our customers for any reported defects, and works towards development process automation. This team also takes up technology or architectural changes to existing products.
The Senior Software Engineer works in a global team environment, developing the next generation of products and maintaining existing products. Individuals in this role are expected to have excellent analytical abilities, good programming skills and quality orientations, and are mentored and groomed to become Subject Matter Experts (SME) in product modules and technology stacks.
- Application Servers – WildFly, Jetty
- JDK – JDK 8, OpenJDK11, 13
- J2EE technologies – Java, JSP, JS, JMS, Servlets
- ActiveMQ, HornetQ
- Database knowledge, MSSQL, MySql, PostgreSQL or others
- AWS Services
- Work on the development of features and support of existing products, as part of a team, design for which has been approved by the Architecture groups
- Propose approaches/designs and get them approved by Subject Matter Expert and Architect (subject to the complexity of the issue)
- Adhere to Rules of Engagement for Engineering
- Identify and communicate to the team the improved code design for standardization
- Test the product areas impacted by code churn (feature development as well as fixes) and create automated tests where possible
- Provide detailed documentation on the work done, to help
- QA create test cases
- Documentation team create documents for releases (Release Notes, User’s Guides)
- Provide to team and project leads high-level estimates (efforts and delivery date) for tasks being worked upon
- Participate in internal training sessions to acquire expertise and become a subject matter expert on one or more modules
- Look for usability and serviceability improvements in product areas that have been worked on
- Engineering Management track is a possibility
Must-have qualifications and skills
- Bachelors / Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences
- Good communication skills; should be able to communicate well within and outside the organization
- Good inter-personal skills; ability to work well in teams and a character to appreciate others’ work
- Enthusiasm; eagerness to remain on top of one’s work
- High learnability; be able to pick up new ideas/concepts
- Deep understanding of Java / J2EE software applications as they relate to enterprise applications
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word, to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position in the subject line of the email.