We are leaders in cloud-based digital customer engagement solutions. Top-rated by Gartner and Forrester, our platform delivers unparalleled value and differentiated innovation. Designed for users and infused with AI, our rich apps are organized in three hubs: messaging hub, knowledge hub, and analytics hub. Working together, they help businesses connect, solve, and optimize customer interactions across all touchpoints.
If your work is your play, then talk to us.
POSITION: SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Location: Tampa, FL
Experience: 5 to 8 years in software development in software products’ companies
The senior software engineer is a part of Product Engineering (PE), the group that adds new capabilities to existing eGain products, works on new product features in collaboration with the Product Management team, supports released products deployed to our customers for any reported defects and works towards development process automation. This team also takes up technology or architectural changes to existing products.
- Application Servers – WildFly, Jetty
- JDK – JDK 8, OpenJDK11, 13
- J2EE technologies – Java, JSP, JS, JMS, Servlets
- ActiveMQ, HornetQ
- Database knowledge, MSSQL, MySql, PostgreSQL or others
- AWS Services
- Work on development of features and support of existing products, as part of the team, design for which has been approved by the Architecture groups
- Adheres to Rules of Engagement for Engineering
- Identify and communicate improved code design to the team for standardization
- Test the product areas impacted by code churn (feature development as well as fixes) and create automated tests where possible
- Provide detailed documentation on the work done, to help
- QA create Test Cases
- Documentation team to create documents for releases – release notes, users guides
- Provide high level estimates (efforts and delivery date) for tasks being worked upon, to team and project leads
- Participate in internal training sessions to acquire expertise, to become an Subject Matter Expert on one or more modules
Must-have qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s / master’s degree in engineering or computer sciences
- Deep understanding of Java / J2EE software applications as they relate to enterprise applications
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word to firstname.lastname@example.org. and include the position in the subject line of the email.