Senior Software Engineer
Hundreds of global brands trust eGain to automate customer engagement and empower employees in a digital-first world. Powered by knowledge and AI, our solution is top-rated by Gartner and Forrester.
We dream big and sweat details. We are diverse, optimistic, and tenacious. We take pride in what we do but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If for you work is fun, talk to us. We will not waste your time.
POSITION: SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Location: Tampa, FL
Experience: 5 to 8 years in software development in software products’ companies
The senior software engineer is a part of Product Engineering (PE), the group that adds new capabilities to existing eGain products, works on new product features in collaboration with the Product Management team, supports released products deployed to our customers for any reported defects, and works towards development process automation. This team also takes up technology or architectural changes to existing products.
- Work on development of features and support of existing products, as part of the team, design for which has been approved by the Architecture groups
- Adheres to Rules of Engagement for Engineering
- Identify and communicate improved code design to the team for standardization
- Test the product areas impacted by code churn (feature development as well as fixes) and create automated tests where possible
- Provide detailed documentation on the work done, to help
- QA create Test Cases
- Documentation team to create documents for releases – release notes, users guides
- Provide high level estimates (efforts and delivery date) for tasks being worked upon, to team and project leads
- Participate in internal training sessions to acquire expertise, to become an Subject Matter Expert on one or more modules
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s / master’s degree in engineering or computer sciences
- Deep understanding of Java / J2EE software applications as they relate to enterprise applications
Our Hiring Process is “Easy with eGain”
Step 1: Written test (should take roughly 120 minutes of your time)
- Aptitude section
- Functional section
We will let you know within two business days of your taking the test if you have progressed to the interview stage. The interview will be scheduled no later than 7 calendar days after the test.
Step 2: Panel interview (max 60 minutes)
Step 3: Selection: You will receive a written offer, if selected, within 3 days of the interview.
Email your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title “Senior Software Engineer” in the email subject.