eGain customer engagement solutions deliver digital transformation for leading brands – powered by virtual assistance, AI, knowledge, and analytics. Our comprehensive suite of applications help clients deliver memorable, digital-first customer experiences in an omnichannel world. To find out more about eGain, visit https://www.egain.com.
The Product Engineering (PE) team adds new capabilities to existing eGain products, works on new product features in collaboration with the Product Management team, supports released products deployed to our customers for any reported defects and works towards development process automation. This team also takes up technology or architectural changes to existing products.
eGain is looking for a hands-on Senior Java Developer to work in the Product Engineering division at Pune.
POSITION: SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 4 to 5 years
The senior Java developer will work as a full-stack developer on the Big Data platform and report to Senior Technical Architect.
The position needs a sharp and seasoned engineer, who would be working closely with Architects and Design Experts to perform feasibility analyses, prepare the technical architecture based on requirements, collaborate with other developers to realize the plans, mentor juniors to achieve development goals, lay out the high- and low-level designs and work to deliver within deadlines. The job requires dealing with high-volume applications and entails picking the best design and engineering principles and putting them into practice.
The features you’ll be developing will be used by several eGain customers and so it’s a good opportunity to make a visible impact on our clients’ businesses.
- Liaise with Architects and Design Experts to come up with solutions to meet business needs
- Work in an Agile environment to deliver simple & complex features or enhance existing ones
- Collaborate across teams to develop features that integrate smoothly with eGain ecosystem
- Follow SDLC lifecycle entailing a critical review of product requirements, seek clarification as necessary, design, review and implement a secure, highly-available and scalable solution
- Do feasibility analyses to evaluate gaps/risks before finalizing designs and be able to defend it
- Estimate the complexity of features and provide estimates to other Engineering / Professional Services teams, and deliver the feature in time
- Design with self-healing / monitoring capabilities with graceful degradation during any issues
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Mentor junior team members and lead by example to drive the performance of the team
Knowledge and skills requirements
- 4-5 years of software development experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Very strong 4+ year of hands on experience in Java, with experience of Java 8
- Strong understanding of database and ready to work on NoSQL/Hadoop tech-stack
- Must have 1+ year experience of working on Unix
- Experienced in delivering products for end-customer usage (not internal software solutions)
- Eagerness and ability to learn technologies in quick time is a necessity
- Can-do attitude
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and reasoning skills
- Able to communicate their thoughts clearly and write code cleanly
- Can clarify requirements with PMs, come up with a technical design to a problem and then execute the implementation with minimal supervision
- Collaborate with cross-geography teams on projects and assignments
- Experience in Hadoop-based technologies, esp. HBase is a nice-to-have
- Experience working with Cloud platforms, like AWS, is a big plus
- Previous experience with web services, storage, distributed systems and system-level programming
- Solid software development background, including data structures and algorithms
- Sound understanding of design patterns
- Follow Agile development practices and can follow Test-driven development
- Experience in building complex systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience of troubleshooting production systems / Profiling applications / Memory leaks
- Knowledge of Kafka, Spark, Phoenix, Angular, D3, Hazelcast, Memcache are nice-to-have capabilities and will be useful in projects
- Flexible to work across the eGain product range as per business requirements
- Prior experience in mentoring and leading teams will be a nice skill
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word, to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position in the subject line of the email.