Senior Application Software Engineer I
Hundreds of global brands trust eGain to automate customer engagement and empower employees in a digital-first world. Powered by knowledge and AI, our solution is top-rated by Gartner and Forrester.
We dream big and sweat details. We are diverse, optimistic, and tenacious. We take pride in what we do but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If for you work is fun, talk to us. We will not waste your time.
POSITION: SENIOR APPLICATION SOFTWARE ENGINEER I
Location: Pune, India
Senior Software Engineer will work on building an application on the top of eGain platform to meet the needs of partners and customers. This will involve developing Angular/React/node js-based web applications, microservices, leveraging the latest technologies, and 3rd party applications to build connected customer and agent experiences. Working within a small team of skillful developers, this team will contribute to building applications and integrations on the top of eGain platform.
- Develop a high-level understanding of the eGain product functionality and architecture.
- Implement AWS cloud-based web application using AWS Services/Angular/React/Node.js along with enabling the team to work on these technologies.
- Given specific and detailed instructions, build software customizations around the product to enable add-on functionality.
- Building customizations and integration on eGain platform.
- Build reference models to enable partners to build the application on the eGain platform.
- Building distributed and highly available features on eGain platform.
- Execute and support software upgrade.
- Collaborate with consultants in the US/UK to deliver the project. May require travel to the eGain US/UK offices.
- Collaborate with product, support, and Quality assurance teams, as and when required, to ensure customer satisfaction.
Education and Experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience as a software engineer building distributed & secure web applications.
- Hands-on experience in developing cloud-based applications using event-driven and Microservices architecture on AWS.
- Hands-on experience in developing web applications using Node JS/React JS/Angular JS/AWS Services.
- Experience in developing partner cloud-based web applications.
- Experience of leading the team responsible to develop web application using Node JS/React JS/Angular JS/AWS Services.
- Knowledge in business and technical solution applications that include: layered architectures, databases, reporting tools, middleware, monitoring, and high availability systems.
- Experience with enterprise software integrations including but not limited to JMS, XML, SOAP, REST, JDBC, Single Sign-On (SAML).
- Designed and developed asynchronous Java-based RESTful Microservices.
- AWS/Azure/GCP certification will be a plus.
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience working with teams across geographies.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
Our Hiring Process is “Easy with eGain”
Step 1: Written test (should take roughly 120 minutes of your time)
- Aptitude section
- Functional section
We will let you know within 2 business days of your taking the test if you have progressed to the interview stage. The interview will be scheduled no later than 7 calendar days after the test.
Step 2: Panel interview (max 60 minutes)
Step 3: Selection: You will receive a written offer, if selected, within 3 days of the interview.
Email your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title “Senior Application Software Engineer I” in the email subject.