Security and Operations Engineer
Hundreds of global brands trust eGain to automate customer engagement and empower employees in a digital-first world. Powered by knowledge and AI, our solution is top-rated by Gartner and Forrester.
We dream big and sweat details. We are diverse, optimistic, and tenacious. We take pride in what we do but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If for you work is fun, talk to us. We will not waste your time.
POSITION: SECURITY AND OPERATIONS ENGINEER
Location: Sunnyvale, California
Experience: 3 to 5 years
A SecOps engineer is responsible for securing and protecting network systems, applications, and data. In short, a SecOps engineer supports enterprise security. A Security Operation Engineer continuously monitors computer systems of an organization to detect the security and validity of its data. This individual implements safety measures to protect sensitive information and secures data and information of the organization from hackers.
- Daily monitoring of security infrastructure, security logs, and tools and be part of the automatic alert escalations
- Maintain and optimize security monitoring and alerting systems including the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) in place
- Review system designs and architectures and makes security-related recommendations
- Review, security policies and procedures, Review and test the eGain system hardening to NIST build standards
- Respond to customer questionnaires and inquiries on information security matters
- Support Sales and Pre-Sales team on information security-related matters for eGain Cloud services
- Track findings and work with teams to remediate risks
- Maintain and track the Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Align and consult with key stakeholders including Sales, IT, Legal, Finance, Product, Engineering, and Operations
Education and Experience
- 5 + years experience in an information security-related role, such as security analyst or security auditor. At least 3 years experience conducting security control assessments or audits
- An understanding of standards and regulations such as HIPAA Compliance, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), NIST cybersecurity framework, ISO 27000 security standards, SOC2, FedRAMP, and data protection
- Experience with central logging tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience with firewall technologies, IPS/IDS tools, OWASP, vulnerability scanning tools, and other infrastructure security tools
- Experience in management and reporting of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems including event analysis
- Experience in Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) setup, configuration, and management
- Strong analytical, strategic, communication (verbal and written), and project management skills
- Self-motivated, flexible, and eager to constantly improve and expand skill set
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment, context switch, learn fast, and communicate well
- Experience in Scripting using PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc
Our Hiring Process is “Easy with eGain”
Step 1: Online test (should take roughly 120 minutes of your time)
- Aptitude section
- Functional section
We will let you know within 2 business days of your taking the test if you have progressed to the interview stage. The interview will be scheduled no later than 7 calendar days after the test.
Step 2: Panel interview (max 60 minutes)
Step 3: Selection: You will receive a written offer, if selected, within 3 days of the interview.
Email your resumé to email@example.com with the position title “Security and Operations Engineer” in the email subject.