Hundreds of global brands trust eGain to automate customer engagement and empower employees in a digital-first world. Powered by knowledge and AI, our solution is top-rated by Gartner and Forrester.
We dream big and sweat details. We are diverse, optimistic, and tenacious. We take pride in what we do but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If for you work is fun, talk to us. We will not waste your time.
POSITION: SEARCH ENGINEER
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Experience: 3-5 years
This is an exciting opportunity for a Search Engineer to join the eGain team. As a search engineer, you will develop, maintain, test and optimize the search engine for eGain’s Customer Engagement Solution.
- Work closely with Product Management and Architecture team to understand requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize search software, including indexing, query parsing and algorithms.
- Write automated unit test cases for search engines and troubleshoot search relevance issues.
- Design search engine monitoring tools, as well as scalable backend services and tools.
- Develop clean, high-quality software that meets business requirements and adheres to coding, security, and other standards.
- Experience in applying machine learning in information retrieval domain such as search engines, natural language processing, or similar areas.
- Experience with search engine platforms such as ElasticSearch, Lucene, Solr etc.
- Experience implementing microservices
- Strong programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, SQL, Python or equivalent.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills.
- BS+3 years or MS+1 year in Computer Science or equivalent. PhD degree preferred.
Our Hiring Process is “Easy with eGain”
Step 1: Written test (should take roughly 120 minutes of your time)
- Aptitude section
- Functional section
We will let you know within 2 business days of your taking the test if you have progressed to the interview stage. The interview will be scheduled no later than 7 calendar days after the test.
Step 2: Panel interview (max 60 minutes)
Step 3: Selection: You will receive a written offer, if selected, within 3 days of the interview.
Email your resumé to email@example.com with the position title “Search Engineer” in the email subject.