Sales Manager, EMEA
Hundreds of global brands trust eGain to automate customer engagement and empower employees in a digital-first world. Powered by knowledge and AI, our solution is top-rated by Gartner and Forrester.
We dream big and sweat details. We are diverse, optimistic, and tenacious. We take pride in what we do but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If for you work is fun, talk to us. We will not waste your time.
POSITION: SALES MANAGER, EMEA
Location: Remote (UK)
Experience: 10+ years
The sales manager will be responsible for leading a team of direct sales professionals in the solution sales of cloud enterprise applications into new logo prospects. The team’s revenue objectives will be met by implementing effective sales strategies in delivering eGain’s knowledge-powered customer experience suite of solutions to enterprise companies across multiple sectors in the UK and target western European countries. Managing the team requires strong people management skills along with experience of SaaS solution-selling skills to position the business value that these applications can deliver to operational executives and Line of Business owners. This is a sales leadership role reporting to VP Sales, EMEA and responsibilities include frequent national and international travel as required.
- Manage, motivate and coach your team of 6-8 sales directors and sales development representatives to drive $300K to $1M+ deals to closure in a highly competitive marketplace
- Achieve team revenue targets as set by the company
- Use resources effectively, including Presales consultants, Professional Services personnel, Digital Transformation directors, and executive resources to support your team in winning new business sales
- Manage the Field Marketing lead generation plan for your team to develop contacts in target accounts and work through the entire sales cycle, including supporting your team in demonstrations, responding to RFPs, writing proposals and quotations, license negotiation and all other aspects of the SaaS sales cycle
- Network and sell with eGain’s VAR and Service Provider channel, developing direct relationships within partners aligned to the vertical/territories your team is aligned to
- Identify, develop and articulate the compelling value proposition to prospective customers and current end users
- Provide confident, high-energy presentations and proposals, lead meetings without guidance or supervision
- Actively identify and address business questions demonstrating meticulous follow-up and responsiveness to customers and internal staff
- Ensure that individual and team actions build the organisation’s reputation for excellent business practices
- Gather data from prospects and customers to properly qualify business potential to produce reliable business forecasting
- Contribute to the continual development of the EMEA Enterprise sales team, supporting the development of the team culture and values, improvements to process and operating model, to grow a supportive, fun and high-performing sales environment
- 5+ years of successful sales management experience in a high value software applications space
- Proven ability in managing, coaching, developing a team of experienced software sales professionals
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding both individual and team New Business quota targets
- Understanding of multiprocess and complex SaaS sales cycles and ability to sell at senior levels of a Fortune 500 account, preferably whilst working for a high value business applications software vendor
- Proven new business prospecting skills
- Knowledge of MEDDIC qualification framework is desirable
Our Hiring Process is “Easy with eGain”
Step 1: Written test (should take roughly 120 minutes of your time)
- Aptitude section
- Functional section
We will let you know within 2 business days of your taking the test if you have progressed to the interview stage. The interview will be scheduled no later than 7 calendar days after the test.
Step 2: Panel interview (max 60 minutes)
Step 3: Selection: You will receive a written offer, if selected, within 3 days of the interview.
Email your resumé to email@example.com with the position title “Sales Manager, EMEA” in the email subject.