Regional Sales Manager
Hundreds of global brands trust eGain to automate customer engagement and empower employees in a digital-first world. Powered by knowledge and AI, our solution is top-rated by Gartner and Forrester.
We dream big and sweat details. We are diverse, optimistic, and tenacious. We take pride in what we do but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If for you work is fun, talk to us. We will not waste your time.
POSITION: REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Location: Northeast, US
Experience: 10+ years
Responsible for leading the sales effort of cloud enterprise applications into new logo prospects. Revenue objectives will be met through implementing effective sales strategies in delivering eGain’s Customer Experience suite of solutions to Enterprise companies across multiple sectors. Effective solution selling skills will be required to position the business value that these applications can deliver to operational executives and Line of Business owners. This role is the most senior IC role in the sales team and responsibilities include frequent national travel and internationally as required.
- Drive $400k to $2m+ deals to closure in a highly competitive marketplace
- Achieve targets set by the company
- Use resources effectively, including Pre-sales Engineers, Professional Services personnel, Digital Transformation Directors, and executive resources to win new business
- Develop contacts into leads and work through the entire sales cycle, including responding to RFPs, writing proposals and quotations, license negotiation, and all other aspects of the sales cycle
- Network and sell with eGain’s VAR and Service Provider channel, developing direct relationships within partners aligned to the territory you are assigned
- Identify, develop, and articulate the compelling value proposition to prospective customers and current end users
- Provide confident, high-energy presentations and proposals, lead meetings with minimal guidance or supervision
- Actively identify and address business questions demonstrating meticulous follow-up and responsiveness to customers and internal staff
- Ensure that individual and team actions build the organization’s reputation for excellent business practices
- Gather data from prospects and customers to properly qualify business potential to produce reliable business forecasting
- Contribute to the development of the NA Enterprise sales team, proposing improvements to process likely to increase sales efficacy and efficiency
Education and Experience
- Understanding of multi-process & complex sales cycles and ability to sell at senior levels of a Fortune 500 account, preferably whilst working for a high-value business applications software vendor
- 10+ years of successful direct sales experience of high-value software applications. At least 5 years of which should be selling software solutions within the Financial Services, Telco, Retail, Central Government or Federal sector
- Experience in selling Customer Experience Software Solutions to the Fortune 500 prospects
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Proven new business prospecting skills
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding New Business quota targets
- Strong business ethics
- Strong business network
- Knowledge of MEDDIC qualification framework is desirable
Our Hiring Process is “Easy with eGain”
Step 1: Written test (should take roughly 120 minutes of your time)
- Aptitude section
- Functional section
We will let you know within 2 business days of your taking the test if you have progressed to the interview stage. The interview will be scheduled no later than 7 calendar days after the test.
Step 2: Panel interview (max 60 minutes)
Step 3: Selection: You will receive a written offer, if selected, within 3 days of the interview.
Email your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title “Regional Sales Manager” in the email subject.