We are leaders in cloud-based digital customer engagement solutions. Top-rated by Gartner and Forrester, our platform delivers unparalleled value and differentiated innovation. Designed for users and infused with AI, our rich apps are organized in three hubs: messaging hub, knowledge hub, and analytics hub. Working together, they help businesses connect, solve, and optimize customer interactions across all touch points.
If your work is your play, then talk to us.
POSITION: IT DESKTOP SUPPORT ENGINEER
Location: Newbury, UK
- To provide day-to-day IT support and help with the administration and maintenance of a variety of hardware, software, server and network devices in an IT infrastructure environment. The role will mainly focus on internal eGain employee support, local server maintenance, and networking devices uptime in a Microsoft environment (Windows 10, Windows Servers, Office 2016 and Office 365). The candidate should have good skills and knowledge of hardware (i.e., fixing/replacing parts in desktops, laptops, servers and printers).
- To ensure all components are maintained and work reliably to meet eGain business needs.
- Provide practical hands-on support to a variety of eGain departments to ensure that technical faults and/or requests are professionally responded to and completed.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams or managers.
- Support and monitor existing infrastructure, perform preventative maintenance work, backup and perform other regular support activities to ensure effectiveness and to provide cover on such tasks when required.
- Assist and support the local phone system.
- Liaise with external suppliers and support agencies for the ongoing support and maintenance of relevant hardware and software.
- Ensure that all work is done in a way that minimises disruption to existing business use.
- Assist in keeping track of the eGain infrastructure assets and ensure that the infrastructure and data is kept secure at all times.
- Perform activities in a productive, timely and effective manner.
- Keep users up-to-date with progress and liaise with colleagues and partners in an appropriate manner. Also, liaise with users regarding escalated issues and agree on appropriate course of action and priorities.
- Undertake additional duties as required by the IT Manager.
- Be able to effectively make oral and written reports and prepare clear and concise documentation.
- Be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with team and department members and system users.
Must-have qualifications and skills
- Previous experience in Technical Support, Desktop Support, IT Helpdesk or a similar IT-related role
- Comfortable about working with employee support request either by phone, emails or office walkups
- First-line server and infrastructure diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Experience of Windows 10 management and OS installation
- Experience with Windows server setup and administration
- Hypervisor VM creation and administration (Hyper-V and VMWare)
- Active directory administration (User account management, group policy, power shell)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, DC, IIS
- Experience with firewall and switch management
- Manage and troubleshoot the WiFi network
- Quick learner of new technical concept and new software
- Excellent communication skills and attention to details
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work effectively and collaboratively with team members across geographies and across different organizational groups
- Can-do attitude
- Remote screen-sharing experience — Skype, GoToMeeting, Webex
- Mobile phone support
- MAC OS
- Amazon AWS / Azure experience
- Basic BASH/PowerShell scripting
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position in the subject line of the email.