Hundreds of global brands trust eGain to automate customer engagement and empower employees in a digital-first world. Powered by knowledge and AI, our solution is top-rated by Gartner and Forrester.
We dream big and sweat details. We are diverse, optimistic, and tenacious. We take pride in what we do but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If work is fun for you, talk to us. We will not waste your time.
POSITION: INCIDENT MANAGER
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 5+ years of experience
eGain is looking for a dynamic incident manager to join our Incident Management team. You will bring efficient responsiveness, effective communication while dealing with customer escalations, and an aptitude for learning new technologies and procedures.
You will be responsible for ensuring that high-priority incidents are resolved quickly and that the business impact of these incidents is minimized as an Incident Manager for eGain. You will also track the thorough reporting of incidents, their resolution, their root cause analysis, and the corresponding mitigation plans.
- Ensure that the critical incidents are managed effectively, with fast restoration of services leading to minimal impact on customers’ operations.
- Create and deliver both verbal and written communications, providing end-to-end internal and external incident information.
- Communicate with all types of stakeholders with an ability to dive into technical intricacies when needed or to explain in simple terms complicated problems depending on the audience.
- Document incidents and track them to resolution as part of the Incident Management life cycle. Ensuring that the documentation is accurate and up to date.
- Conduct detailed investigations into critical incidents and track incidents’ mitigation plans.
- Maintain incident management metrics and reporting.
- Track the root cause and mitigation plans to closure. Collaborating with cross-functional teams to resolve problems and facilitate the definition of mitigation plans.
- Identify trends, and work with key partners to create action plans to correct negative trends.
- Improve incident management processes and procedures as needed.
- Contribute to the vision of Incident Management through the definition of annual plans.
Education and Experience
- A four-year degree in computer technologies and six to eight years experience or an MS degree in computer technologies and Five to Seven years ‘of experience with computer software applications
- Strong background and experience in incident management and process improvement.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships throughout the organization, able to translate technical situations clearly and concisely to a diverse audience via dashboards and written documents.
- Global perspective and the ability to interface seamlessly with multicultural teams.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and time-management skills.
- Experience with reporting tools and database queries for creating easy-to-interpret management reports.
- Highly organized, with the ability to manage conflicting time commitments and shifting priorities.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- ITIL certification is a plus.
- 10-15% travel commitment as needed to client sites.
Our Hiring Process is “Easy with eGain”
Step 1: Written test (should take roughly 120 minutes of your time)
- Aptitude section
- Functional section
We will let you know within 2 business days of taking the test if you have progressed to the interview stage. The interview will be scheduled no later than 7 calendar days after the test.
Step 2: Panel interview (max 60 minutes)
Step 3: Selection: If selected, you will receive a written offer within 3 days of the interview.
Email your resumé to [email protected] with the position title “Incident Manager” in the email subject.