Cloud Network and Infrastructure Engineer
Hundreds of global brands trust eGain to automate customer engagement and empower employees in a digital-first world. Powered by knowledge and AI, our solution is top-rated by Gartner and Forrester.
We dream big and sweat details. We are diverse, optimistic, and tenacious. We take pride in what we do but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If work is fun for you, talk to us. We will not waste your time.
POSITION: CLOUD NETWORK AND INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Experience: 6+ years
eGain Cloud Infrastructure Team is looking for a Cloud Network and infrastructure engineer. This role is a great opportunity for a very seasoned infrastructure engineer or network engineer who is passionate about virtual networking in a large distributed cloud-focused environment to utilize their knowledge of
- Deploy, configure, maintain, and monitor eGain’s corporate and Cloud network infrastructure
- Firewalls, routers, NAT gateways, VPN, proxies, load balancers, and other boundary security devices
- AWS VPC, VPC gateway, transit gateways, and ELB.
- Azure VNET, Security groups, and ExpressRoute
- Deploy, configure, maintain, and monitor
- Servers on Windows and Linux platforms.
- Hypervisor VM administration (Hyper-V and/or VMWare)
- Infrastructure based on AWS and Microsoft Azure platforms.
- Optimize reliability, performance, supportability, and security of infrastructure
- Identify and implement monitoring to ensure the health, performance, and security of corporate and cloud infrastructure
- Provide technical inputs in the design and review of architecture, policies, and procedures to ensure security, reliability, availability, performance, and backup and disaster recovery of infrastructure
- Create and document network architecture and design decisions.
- Automate routine tasks for deployment, configuration, and monitoring for all of the above
- Work with a 24/7 cross-geography team on network and Infrastructure related tasks. Respond and communicate with internal teams, customers, and prospects worldwide on network and infrastructure configuration, troubleshooting, questions, and inquiries
Education and Experience
- 6+ years as an Infrastructure Engineer or Cloud Network Engineer, preferably for a cloud or SaaS company, with at least 2 years of experience in public cloud networking and infrastructure such as AWS and Azure
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of internet routing protocols and techniques such as TCP/IP, IPSec, NAT \ Firewall rules, and static and dynamic routing protocols (BGP, OSPF).
- Deep understanding of cloud network technologies, network virtualization, VPN, and overlay architectures. Proficiency in network engineering and security around firewalls and VPNs
- Strong knowledge of the general system and network troubleshooting tools (e.g. traceroute, telnet, Wireshark, netstat, VPC flow logs, NSG flow logs).
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux administration and scripting – PowerShell, Python, and Bash scripting
- Comfortable with ambiguity. Able to work efficiently with cross-functional teams across geography and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure with minimal guidance.
- Strong analytical, communication (verbal and written), and project management skills with attention to detail
Our Hiring Process is “Easy with eGain”
Step 1: Written test (should take roughly 120 minutes of your time)
- Aptitude section
- Functional section
We will let you know within 2 business days of your taking the test if you have progressed to the interview stage. The interview will be scheduled no later than 7 calendar days after the test.
Step 2: Panel interview (max 60 minutes)
Step 3: Selection: You will receive a written offer, if selected, within 3 days of the interview.
Email your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title “Cloud Network and Infrastructure Engineer” in the email subject.