Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Hundreds of global brands trust eGain to automate customer engagement and empower employees in a digital-first world. Powered by knowledge and AI, our solution is top-rated by Gartner and Forrester.
We dream big and sweat details. We are diverse, optimistic, and tenacious. We take pride in what we do but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If work is fun for you, talk to us. We will not waste your time.
POSITION: CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 4+ years of experience in the cloud domain
eGain Cloud infrastructure team is the core group for eGain Cloud and is responsible for maintaining the entire eGain Cloud Infrastructure, which includes systems, storage, as well as networks on platforms like AWS & Microsoft Azure. The team works on full-stack infrastructure deployment, automation, configuration, and management, gets to play with the latest and greatest technologies/services in AWS and Azure and gets hands dirty with scripting the routine tasks to automate them. The fast-paced, collaborative, and agile work environment offers endless scope for learning and showcasing your talent
- Design, deploy, maintain, automate & troubleshoot virtual servers/instances using Windows and Linux OS, and storage systems, firewalls, Load Balancers, and various AWS and Azure services in our hybrid cloud environment
- Automate regular infrastructure operations
- Maintain customer-facing, mission-critical 24/7 production systems – patching vulnerabilities, backup/restore operations, maintaining disaster recovery procedures, and more.
- Provide On-Call support for virtual infrastructure, working with ‘tech support’ and ‘engineering teams’.
- Adopt new Cloud features to improve existing capabilities as well as new capabilities.
- Follow mandated processes and adhere to organizational security policies and guidelines.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years working on cloud infrastructure in AWS.
- Proficiencies in working with AWS and Azure services like EC2, VPC, API gateway, Lambda functions, Secrets, Azure AD B2C, and Cognitive Services.
- Intermediate to expert-level knowledge in maintaining Windows and Linux operating systems
- Working-level knowledge in scripting (Any of PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby)
- Configuration management experience (Chef, Ansible, Terraform)
- Networking background, experience in working with, AWS and Azure Network Security Groups, TCP/IP stack, and routing.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. Able to work efficiently with cross-functional teams across geography and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure with minimal guidance.
- Strong analytical, communication (verbal and written), and project management skills with attention to detail
Our Hiring Process is “Easy with eGain”
Step 1: Written test (should take roughly 70 minutes of your time)
- Aptitude section
- Functional section
We will let you know within 2 business days of your taking the test if you have progressed to the interview stage. The interview will be scheduled no later than 5 calendar days after the test.
Step 2: Panel interview (max 60 minutes)
Email your resumé to [email protected] with the position title “Cloud Infrastructure Engineer” in the email subject.