eGain customer engagement solutions deliver digital transformation for leading brands – powered by virtual assistance, AI, knowledge, and analytics. Our comprehensive suite of applications help clients deliver memorable, digital-first customer experiences in an omnichannel world. To find out more about eGain, visit https://www.egain.com.
This role is in the Cloud Services team of eGain and will be located at the eGain India HQ in Pune.
POSITION: CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 3 to 4 years as Infrastructure Engineer/System Administrator
eGain’s Cloud Infrastructure team is the core group for eGain Cloud. It is responsible for maintaining the eGain Cloud infrastructure which includes systems as well as networks across on-premise data centres and on platforms like AWS & Microsoft Azure. This group handles, among other things, new environment deployments, management of infrastructure applications, implementation and management of monitoring applications, network infrastructure management, upgrading of software and hardware whenever required, controlling of access to cloud infrastructure.
- Administration of
- Servers on Windows and Linux platforms
- Services like Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, IIS, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, WSUS, SQL, etc.
- Mail application from various vendors like Office365, MailEnable, iMail, etc.
- Infrastructure based on AWS and Microsoft Azure platforms
- Maintain data backups and disaster recovery processes
- Writing scripts to automate routine tasks
- Follow mandated processes and adhere to organization security policies and guidelines
- Participate in 24×7, follow-the-sun model to collaboratively work with the cross-geography teams
Must-have qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s in Engineering from a reputed engineering school
- Around 3 to 4 years’ experience of system administrations of Windows and Linux in production environments
- At least 1 year of experience working on infrastructure platforms based on public Clouds like AWS (Amazon Web Services) and/or Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as PowerShell or Python
- Excellent communication skills and attention to details
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work effectively and collaboratively with team members across geography and across different organizational groups
- Can-do attitude
- Experience on any of the monitoring tools, like Groundwork, Nagios, System Center, Tivoli, etc.
- Understanding of firewalls, load balancers, VPN, iSCSI, etc.
- Application Support – Exposure to supporting web-based applications
- Working with remote teams and readiness to work in a 24 x 7 environment
- Should be able to travel to other offices of eGain if needed—travel period may vary from one to six weeks
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word to email@example.com, and include the position in the subject line of the email.