Hundreds of global brands trust eGain to automate customer engagement and empower employees in a digital-first world. Powered by knowledge and AI, our solution is top-rated by Gartner and Forrester.
We dream big and sweat details. We are diverse, optimistic, and tenacious. We take pride in what we do but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If work is fun for you, talk to us. We will not waste your time.
POSITION: CLOUD ENGINEER
Experience: 3+ years
eGain Cloud infrastructure team is the core group for eGain Cloud and is responsible for maintaining the entire eGain Cloud Infrastructure, which includes systems, storage, as well as networks on platforms like AWS & Microsoft Azure. The team works on full-stack infrastructure deployment, automation, configuration, and management gets to play with the latest and greatest technologies/services in AWS and Azure and gets hands dirty with scripting the routine tasks to automate them. The fast-paced, collaborative, and agile work environment offers endless scope for learning and showcasing your talent
- Design, deploy, maintain, automate & troubleshoot virtual servers/instances, and storage systems, firewalls, and Load Balancers in our hybrid cloud environment (AWS and Azure)
- Automate regular infrastructure operations in our cloud environment
- Development and scripting to automate routine tasks and deployments rather than manual configuration.
- Maintain customer-facing, mission-critical 24/7 production systems – patching vulnerabilities, backup/restore operations, maintaining disaster recovery procedures
- Provide On-Call support for virtual infrastructure, working with ‘tech support’ and ‘engineering teams.
- Adopt new Cloud features to improve existing capabilities as well as new capabilities.
- Follow mandated processes and adhere to organizational security policies and guidelines.
Education and Experience
- Expert-level proficiency in scripting (PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby)
- 3+ years of experience in automation and development
- Configuration management experience (Chef, Ansible, Terraform)
- Intermediate to expert-level knowledge in maintaining Linux and Windows operating systems
- 3+ years working on cloud infrastructure in AWS.
- Experience working with AWS API Gateways and Lambda functions.
- Networking background, experience in working with, AWS and Azure Network Security Groups, TCP/IP stack and routing.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. Able to work efficiently with cross-functional teams across geography and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure with minimal guidance.
- Strong analytical, communication (verbal and written), and project management skills with attention to detail
Our Hiring Process is “Easy with eGain”
Step 1: Written test (should take roughly 120 minutes of your time)
- Aptitude section
- Functional section
We will let you know within 2 business days of your taking the test if you have progressed to the interview stage. The interview will be scheduled no later than 7 calendar days after the test.
Step 2: Panel interview (max 60 minutes)
Step 3: Selection: You will receive a written offer, if selected, within 3 days of the interview.
Email your resumé to email@example.com with the position title “Cloud Engineer” in the email subject.