We are leaders in cloud-based digital customer engagement solutions. Top-rated by Gartner and Forrester, our platform delivers unparalleled value and differentiated innovation. Designed for users and infused with AI, our rich apps are organized in three hubs: messaging hub, knowledge hub, and analytics hub. Working together, they help businesses connect, solve, and optimize customer interactions across all touch points.
POSITION: CLOUD ARCHITECT
Location: Remote, California, Washington
- eGain is a thought leader and leading practitioner of hosted applications and services since its founding 24+ years ago.
- You will keep us in that leadership position.
Responsibilities and duties
- Work with other senior architects to create, evolve, improve eGain cloud SaaS architecture
- Improve, apply, refine, evolve best practices in continuous integration and continuous deployment of eGain’s offerings
- Design and architecture reviews of eGain features, strategy, roadmap
- Completing the integration of new applications into the cloud environment.
- Working with virtualisation technologies to achieve effective server management for the business
- Architect and develop custom solutions as part of our app modernization and cloud-native development services leveraging Azure PaaS and the Kubernetes container platform.
- Implement modern serverless services via Azure App Services, functions, and Logic Apps
- Implement end-to-end DevSecOps automated processes and pipelines via Azure DevOps
- Communicate thoroughness of vision for system architecture topology, component design, networking and security of proposed solutions through modeling and using tools like Visio
Qualifications and skills
- Leadership (preferably architecture) position in 2+ end-to-end product lifecycles representing easily-recognizable world-class SaaS offering
- Thorough ability to perform, document, communicate, present: architecture & implementation tradeoffs in cloud application deployment matters, from design, test, build to automation of all steps resulting in product and service availability to end customers
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Extreme bias toward transparent direct effective communication (written and verbal) to properly articulate tradeoffs, designs, review feedback, issues to leadership and colleagues.
- Introduce cloud adoption and ensure a smooth transition
- Translate project needs into a cloud structure that suits the requirements of the specific organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, or relevant field.
- Desired: prefer a functional programming paradigm and language (Clojure and Datalog are pluses)
- Must be familiar with API Gateways, particular in AWS
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word to email@example.com, and include the position in the subject line of the email.