eGain customer engagement solutions deliver digital transformation for leading brands – powered by virtual assistance, AI, knowledge, and analytics. Our comprehensive suite of applications help clients deliver memorable, digital-first customer experiences in an omnichannel world. To find out more about eGain, visit https://www.egain.com.
About the team
The Professional Services (PS) Engineering team operates in a fast-paced and agile environment in collaboration with the Professional Services Development team, to ensure that developed applications meet design specifications, are scalable and reliable and meet total quality management criteria and standards.
POSITION: AUTOMATION ENGINEER II
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 5 to 7 years in PS, preferably in a product-based company
The Automation Engineer will develop, execute and maintain the automated functional suite of applications developed by the professional services team.
- Understand the application, participate in requirement/design discussions, test case design and execution review, test report preparation
- Design and develop all aspects of automated testing along with creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts, for browser & mobile-based UI automation
- Define and roll out Automation Best Practices, evaluate and implement new automation concepts, tools and techniques working closely with the dev manager, to make the automation simpler, faster and reliable
- Develop in-house automation frameworks/tools and/or bring in open source tools and technologies to solve automation problems
- Collaborate very closely with development team for design understanding, defect fixes and collaborative testing
Must-have qualifications and skills
- BE or BTech from engineering schools
- Good understanding of processes, methodologies and best practices
- Good understanding of build and deployment processes, hands-on exposure to application server/web server and continuous integration tools, Jenkins, TeamCity
- Good understanding of the test automation processes, practices, methodologies and techniques
- At least 5-7 years of hands-on experience in design and development of Automation frameworks and Automation Testing Strategies for Web and mobile platforms
- Experience of automation test tool, framework and related technologies: Selenium, Jasmine / Cypress / Jest, Ranorex, JMeter, etc.
- Strong knowledge in developing automated test scripts beyond record and playback, like, writing functions, using control flow logic, loops etc.
- Experience in Web Services testing using SoapUI / ReadyAPI, Finesse (any other tool)
- Experience creating and executing SQL queries
- Good communication skills – should be able to communicate well within and outside the organization
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work well in teams, and a character to appreciate others’ work
- Strong interpersonal skills, high motivation, ability to learn quickly, and must be a self-starter
Good-to-have qualifications and skills
- Testing certification like ISTQB / CSTE
- Experience with Mobile Automation
- Should be flexible for stretching working hours if project demands
- Ability to multitask and support multiple projects
- Any small, medium or large size product-based companies
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word, to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position in the subject line of the email.