Gartner MQ for Enterprise Conversational AI Platforms: eGain, The New Kid in the Block And The Only KM Vendor to be Included!
The 2023 MQ report for Conversational AI Platforms (CAIP) was just published. We did not participate in the 2022 MQ for CAIP, which I believe to be the first one in that space. Here is the good news: We entered the process this year and made it! This is a great first validation step for eGain, the KM leader, in the enterprise conversational AI space.
Per the MQ report, Verint and Oracle, among others, were dropped this year since they did not meet the criteria. Big CRM vendors like Salesforce and Microsoft, and upstarts like Shelf and KMS Lighthouse did not make it either. Here are the highlights:
- We are the leader, if one were to consider both KM and CAIP, which some consider to be converging spaces. After all, what good are conversations and guidance to a destination, if the destination is erroneous knowledge or nothing? Our leadership is evidenced by the many accolades over the years. Among them are:
- Leader in 2022 Gartner Market Guide on KM for Customer Service
- 2022 KM World Readers’ Choice Award
- Leader in knowledge-powered digital customer engagement automation per the latest Critical Capabilities Report for Customer Engagement (total score for digital engagement, KM, and engagement automation)
- Product leader in the most recent Forrester New Wave on digital customer service
- We are the only vendor focused on customer engagement and KM to be included in this MQ as well
The assessment does not include credit for our recent innovations such as Generative AI, our integration with ChatGPT, and our BYO architecture that allows to plug in any LLM into our platform. Moreover, it includes areas such as voice and telephony, where we don’t offer the infrastructure. Nonetheless, our recent and upcoming enhancements will put us in a stronger position for the 2024 MQ. Watch this space for more updates!
Here are some excerpts on eGain from the report:
- Contact center experience: eGain has two decades of experience augmenting contact center operations, implementing related integrations and working with leading contact center platform providers. It is experienced with telephony, CRM and ECM integrations, and 80% of its customers deploy the agent assist module.
- Integrated knowledge management: The Conversation Hub is tightly integrated with the eGain Knowledge Hub, allowing an integrated question and answer functionality.
- Clear marketing message: The eGain product architecture — a novel approach that blends conversational AI, ML and reasoning with knowledge content on a componentized platform — is clear, as is its value proposition and pricing.
The entire MQ report can be accessed at https://www.gartner.com/en/documents/4154599
(client access required)