eGain customer engagement solutions power digital transformation for leading brands. Our top-rated cloud applications for social, mobile, web, and contact centers help clients deliver connected customer journeys in an omnichannel world. To learn more about eGain, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter, or browse our website.
POSITION: WINDOWS SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Experience: 4 to 7 years
We’re looking for someone to maintain, upgrade, and manage our internal software, hardware, and networks at our headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA. You’ll be joining a global infrastructure team supporting systems and technology for our internal eGain employees.
- Serve as a key team player in system administration for complex operating systems.
- Identify and recommend design and configuration improvements of operating systems and system applications.
- Investigate and analyze systemic issues and provide remediation.
To ensure all components are maintained and work reliably to meet eGain business needs.
- Install and configure new business application and hardware
- Manage the servers, network, phone system, and business applications
- Monitor existing infrastructure, perform preventative maintenance work, backup and perform other regular support activities to ensure effectiveness
- Ensure that all work and changes are performed in such a way as to minimize all disruption to existing business use
- Assist in keeping track of the eGain infrastructure assets and ensure that the infrastructure and data are kept secure at all times
- Perform activities in a productive, timely, and effective manner
- Undertake additional duties as required by the IT Manager
- Should be able to make oral and written reports and prepare clear and concise documentation
- Should be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with team and department members and system users
Must-have qualifications and skills
- At least 4 years of experience in System Administrator, Network Administrator, or similar IT-related role
- Hypervisor VM administration, centralize management, cluster nodes, attached storage, etc. (Hyper-V and VMWare)
- Experience with Windows server setup and administration, networks (LAN and WAN), and patch management
- Active directory administration (user account management, group policy, power shell)
- Experience in local storage administration such as install, monitor, troubleshoot, and upgrade of NAS and SAN (QNAP, Dell EqualLogic, etc.)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, DC, IIS
- Knowledge of network security such as firewall, ACL, and switch management
- Basic PowerShell scripting
- Quick learner of new technical concept and new software
- Excellent communication skills and attention to details
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work effectively and collaboratively with team members across geography and across different organizational groups
- Can-do attitude
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Amazon AWS / Azure experience
- Endpoint protection such as antivirus, application control, etc.
- Experience with industry standard practice, ISO 27001, SOX
- Experience with White hat scanning, NetFlow, MRTG
- SQL server
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word to email@example.com, and include the position in the subject line of the email.