eGain customer engagement solutions power digital transformation for leading brands. Our top-rated cloud applications for social, mobile, web, and contact centers help clients deliver connected customer journeys in an omnichannel world. To learn more about eGain, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, or browse our website.
POSITION: TRAINING CONTENT DEVELOPER
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Do you enjoy bestowing knowledge upon others in a fun, entertaining, and stylish way? Do you enjoy learning new skills and technology in a diverse environment? Do you want the opportunity to work in a technical field with access to a variety of different tools and interesting subjects? Then come work at eGain as our Training Content Developer!
eGain is seeking a motivated individual who is eager to learn new technologies and excited to transfer that eagerness and understanding into material that can help others use the products in the eGain ecosystem. With the wide breadth of products that eGain provides to its customers, there is a lot of information to cover and a lot of opportunities to enhance your own abilities. As a training content developer, you will work closely with Subject Matter Experts to craft and organize training material on how to use eGain products effectively. This material you craft will be made available for both employees and customers to access at their convenience via an internal learning web space.
Your primary focus will be on creating training collateral in the form of PowerPoint slide decks, visual aids, and Adobe Captivate interactive tutorials that users can access at their leisure. To do this, you will:
- Reduce complex abstract ideas and lengthy configuration steps down to simple, bite-sized pieces of training material for the end user.
- Collaborate with the documentation team, product managers, and developers to analyze learning needs and recommend eLearning solutions.
- Design and develop interactive eLearning content, such as interactive tutorials, simulation scenarios, online quizzes, etc.
- Provide collateral and content that can be multipurposed to be used in training, marketing, etc.
- Record and provide voiceovers for tutorials and other media.
- Utilize courseware creation software such as Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline2 for rapid development of training material, or converting existing training content to online computer-based training courses.
Desired skills and experience
- Familiar with Adobe Captivate.
- Experience in advanced course design principles (i.e., page layout, typography, color theory, visual focus, audio and video).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with audio and visual editing tools, such as Audacity, Premiere, Photoshop, GIMP, SnagIt, etc.
- Ensure training is engaging and supports our brand values. Course deliverables include designing documents, storyboards, prototypes, instructor and participant materials.
- An aptitude for explaining complex technical information.
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment and within aggressive timeframes.
- Strong team skills, project management skills, time management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience using or administering CRM systems.
- Experience with web collaboration tools, such as WebEx and GoToMeeting.
- Experience using LMS software, such as Moogle or Docebo.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in an educating role. This can be a previous training position or experience teaching in grad school. Teaching experience should include time doing so in a digital environment.
- Adobe Captivate: 2 years.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and remain flexible.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to problem-solve and resolve challenges in a timely, professional manner.
- Able to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines.
- Must be PC literate; MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with strong skills in Microsoft Project, Visio, Captivate, and Web Authoring tools.
- Proactive and diligent.
- Collaborative and transparent.
- Hungry to make a difference.
- Aligned with eGain values and strategy.
- Multitasker who flexes well.
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position in the subject line of the email.