eGain customer engagement solutions power digital transformation for leading brands. Our top-rated cloud applications for social, mobile, web, and contact centers help clients deliver connected customer journeys in an omnichannel world. To learn more about eGain, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, or browse our website.
The Product Engineering (PE) team adds new capabilities to existing eGain products, works on new product features in collaboration with the Product Management team, supports released products deployed to our customers for any reported defects and works towards development process automation. This team also takes up technology or architectural changes to existing products.
eGain is looking for a technical writer to work in the Product Engineering division at Pune.
POSITION: TECHNICAL WRITER
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 1 to 3 years
- Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia, web-based publications and user sites; may produce content for embedded user assistance technology.
- Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users.
- May document engineering processes and specifications.
- Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
- Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
- 1-3 years of planning, writing, and publishing product documentation, including online help, user guides, and technical guides for software applications. Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Strong information design skills.
- Graphics skills and familiarity with tools like Visio, Gliffy, etc., are a plus.
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time.
- Willingness to work with teams in other geographies (US and India).
- Degree in English, Journalism, Instructional Design or Computer Science.
- Experience developing courseware for classroom, web and eLearning.
- Working with remote teams.
- Must be able to travel to other offices of eGain, if needed. Travel period may vary from one to two weeks.
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word, to email@example.com, and include the position in the subject line of the email.