POSITION: CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
- Work on various projects based on Windows/Linux OS, VMware products, Storage arrays, Networking, Monitoring, etc.
- System engineering and technical support (24 x7) on servers and for others on Windows and VMware platforms.
- Purchase, install, develop, and deploy new hardware.
- Proactive hardware maintenance tasks based on projects and cloud operations requirements.
- Create and maintain technical documentations.
- Work with vendors like Dell, Microsoft, VMware, and Cisco for troubleshooting and other issues.
- Basic level of troubleshooting on networking issues.
- Ability to be a core contributor and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject; or equivalent education or experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a cloud infrastructure engineer.
- Expert knowledge and experience with Server and System hardware platforms, which includes physical standalone servers/blade chassis, basic storage architectures, BIOs, OS, and firmware.
- Good knowledge of SAN hardware and firmware.
- Expert knowledge of advanced level operations of storage arrays. This includes ESX server and Storage Array deployments, monitoring and maintaining virtual servers, storage array fine tuning, etc.
- Experience with Windows servers and its associated services, such as Active Directory, Group Policy, Server Hardening, DNS, IIS, WSUS, etc.
- Knowledge on Backup and Disaster Recovery techniques.
- Knowledge of Cisco routing, switching, and firewalling.
- Team player mentality.
- In-depth understanding of the Internet.
- Good to have:
- Microsoft SQL service installation, basic configurations, and administration.
- Certifications in Microsoft and VMware technology.
- Knowledge of VMware.