eGain customer engagement solutions deliver digital transformation for leading brands — powered by virtual assistance, AI, knowledge and analytics. Our comprehensive suite of applications help clients deliver memorable, digital-first customer experiences in an omnichannel world. To learn more about eGain, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter, or browse our website.
POSITION: SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Experience: 5 to 8 years in Cloud/IT domain
- Deploy and configure cloud-based servers and networks — provision servers and storage, configure firewalls, VPN, load balancer and monitoring systems.
- Administration and configuration of
- Servers on Windows and Linux platform.
- Services like Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, IIS, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, WSUS, SQL, etc.
- Mail applications like Office365, MailEnable, iMail, etc.
- Infrastructure in AWS and Azure.
- Maintain customer-facing, mission-critical 24/7 production systems, working with a Worldwide team — patching vulnerabilities, backup/restore operations, maintain disaster recovery procedures.
- Respond to monitoring alerts and severity 1 situations, and work with customers and cross-geo teams to troubleshoot issues.
- Adopt new Cloud features to improve existing capabilities and add new ones.
- Script and automate routine tasks working closely with DevOps team.
- Follow mandated processes and adhere to organization security policies and guidelines.
- Participate in 24×7, follow-the-sun model to collaboratively work with the cross-geography teams.
Must-have qualifications and skills
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience working with Windows systems in a production environment.
- Networking background with at least 3 years of experience working with IPSec VPNs, AWS and Azure
- Network Security Groups, Load balancers, SSL certificates and TCP/IP stack.
- Experience of working on infrastructure platforms in AWS (Amazon Web Services) and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Strong system level programming skills in scripting languages like Python and/or PowerShell, or other relevant programming languages.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to details.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work effectively and collaboratively with team members across geography and across different organizational groups.
- Can-do attitude.
Nice-to-have qualifications and skills
- Understanding of NIST information security standard, ITIL, COBIT, PCI.
- Experience with Linux system administration, deployment, configuration, and management.
- Certification in Microsoft Windows or Networking or Cloud administrator for AWS or Azure.
- Experience with F5 and Cisco ASA systems.
- Eligibility to work on Federal government projects.
- Experience on any of the monitoring tools like Groundwork, Nagios, System Center, Tivoli, etc.
- Application Support – Exposure to supporting web-based applications.
- Working with remote teams and readiness to work in a 24×7 environment.
- Should be able to travel to other eGain locations, if needed. Travel period may vary from one to six weeks.
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word to email@example.com, and include the position in the subject line of the email.