eGain customer engagement solutions power digital transformation for leading brands. Our top-rated cloud applications for social, mobile, web, and contact centers help clients deliver connected customer journeys in an omnichannel world. To learn more about eGain, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter, or browse our website.
The Product Engineering (PE) team adds new capabilities to existing eGain products, works on new product features in collaboration with the Product Management team, supports the products deployed to our customers for any reported defects and works towards development process automation. This team also works on technology or architectural changes to existing products.
We are currently looking for software development professionals to be a part of our Product Engineering team in Pune, India.
POSITION: SOFTWARE ENGINEER II
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 2 to 5 years in software development in software products companies
- Understand, troubleshoot, and refactor existing programs of moderate to high complexity (this includes improving tests as well as functional code)
- Design and develop (DTCD) bug fixes and feature enhancements in existing modules/products.
- Based on approved design, develop, test, and document new modules, applications, or infrastructure components and their extensions.
- Estimate tasks and projects of roughly 1 person day to 1 person week level effort
- Enter daily report of work progress against planned target, including any exceptions
- Follow the mandated processes and adhere to Design/Test/Code/Document guidelines
Must-have qualifications and skills
- Bachelors in Engineering from a top-rated engineering school like the IITs, NITs, BITS-Pilani, COEP, VJTI or an equivalent school from another country.
- Good communication skills. Should be able to communicate well within and outside the organization.
- Good inter-personal skills. Should be able to work well in teams, and have the character to appreciate others’ work.
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to remain on top of one’s work.
- High learnability. Be able to pick up new ideas and concepts.
Good-to-have qualifications and skills
- Experience of software development in a software products company that works in the CRM domain.
- Should have ideally worked in at least one release start to end.
- Should have worked in a single company if 2 years’ experience; and should not have changed more than 1 job if more than 2 years’ total experience.
- Should be able to travel to other offices of eGain and/or customer offices. Travel period may vary from a week to 3 months.
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word to email@example.com, and include the position in the subject line of the email.