eGain customer engagement solutions power digital transformation for leading brands. Our top-rated cloud applications for social, mobile, web, and contact centers help clients deliver connected customer journeys in an omnichannel world. To learn more about eGain, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, or browse our website.
The QA team operates in a fast-paced and agile environment in collaboration with the Product Development team across multiple design centers to ensure that developed products meet design specifications, are scalable and reliable, and meet total quality management criteria and standards.
POSITION: ASSOCIATE PROJECT MANAGER
Location: Pune, India
- The primary responsibility is to interface with an OEM partner and ensuring that the partner’s needs are managed and a good relationship is maintained. Achievement of this collective OEM interface requires working with all stakeholders, including attending and participating in frequent partner meetings.
- A key component of this work is to closely track the progress of development and QA activities to provide clear visibility of status and future internal risk.
- Help to develop concise Release Management and Project Management processes and best practices. Convey the importance of these practices to the teams and get a buy-in from the stakeholder.
- A secondary but important responsibility is to manage and drive eGain-centric products and to provide coverage to other Project Managers as needed.
- Requires some travel as needed for direct face-to-face interactions with the OEMs as well as cross geography team.
Must-have qualifications and skills
- Skilled in the practices of product lifecycle and software development
- Estimations, risk mitigation and reporting
- Motivated self-starter
- Clear communication skills, both written and spoken
- The ability to be flexible and adjust to shifting conditions
- Attention to detail
- Experienced with the Microsoft suite, including Project, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- At the interview, provide a sample of your writing style that highlights the following:
- Ability to describe complex ideas in simple terms
- Complete communications (emails are OK) that convey a fully articulated request that would not take several back and forth exchanges to understand
Required technical skills
- Handle and organize the timelines, resources and completion details of software development projects
- Track and organize the details needed for upward reporting and determining current and predicted status
- The ability to make decisions and recommendations to senior staff
- The ability to make estimates based on past performance with improving results
Good-to-have qualifications and skills
- Jira experience
- Some programming or scripting experience
- Experience with MS Project leveling and resource planning
- A degree in engineering from a reputed college, such as, from University of Pune
- Product company experience
- Good communication skills
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word, to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position in the subject line of the email.