This is great entry level opportunity to IT and eGain! We’re a leading provider of cloud customer engagement solutions with Fortune 500 clients. The successful candidate will assist in supporting the IT infrastructure of eGain by providing day-to-day Desk Top IT support, administration and maintenance on a variety of hardware, software, and network products in an information technology infrastructure environment. The role would mainly focus on eGain employee support in a Microsoft environment (Windows 10, Office 2016, Windows Servers and Office 365).
POSITION: DESKTOP SUPPORT
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
No. of Position: 1
Job Type: Fulltime
- Provide professional practical hands-on support to a variety of customers to ensure that technical faults and/or requests are handled well.
- Support and monitor existing infrastructure, perform preventative maintenance work, backup and perform other regular support activities to ensure effectiveness and to provide cover on such tasks when required.
- Fixing/replacing parts in desktops, laptops, printers.
- Provide assistance and support regarding the local phone system.
- Liaise with external suppliers and support agencies for the ongoing support and maintenance of relevant hardware and software.
- Ensure that all work and changes are performed in such a way as to minimize disruption to existing business use.
- Assist in keeping track of the eGain infrastructure assets and ensure that the infrastructure and data is kept secure at all times.
- Perform activities in a productive, timely and effective manner.
- Liaise with colleagues and partners in an appropriate manner, keeping users up to date with progress and setting expectations with regards to appropriate courses of action and timelines.
- Undertake additional duties as required by the IT Manager.
- Create reports and prepare concise documentation.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with coworkers across departments.
- Can-do attitude.
- Experience in a Customer Support role or similar IT-related role
- Comfortable working with employee support requests either by phone, emails, or office walk ups.
- First line server & infrastructure troubleshooting.
- Windows system administration and OS install experience.
- Active directory administration.
- Quick learner of new technical concept and new software.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to details.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work effectively and collaboratively with team members across geographies and across different organizational groups.
- Remote screen sharing experience.
- Hard drive imaging experience
- Mobile phones setup and support
- MAC OS familiarity
- Hypervisor VM creation and administration
- Amazon AWS / Azure experience
- Basic BASH/Powershell scripting