eGain customer engagement solutions power digital transformation for leading brands. Our top-rated cloud applications for social, mobile, web, and contact centers help clients deliver connected customer journeys in an omnichannel world. To learn more about eGain, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, or visithttp://www.egain.com/
We are currently looking for Cloud Senior Software Engineer II professionals to be a part of our Cloud Services team in Pune, India.
POSITION: CLOUD SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 1 to 3 Years
- Design, develop and implement deployment and operational automation of highly scalable infrastructure and enterprise services platform
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, operations, product managers, and business stakeholders
- Understand, troubleshoot, and refactor existing cloud services deployments of moderate complexity (this includes improving tests as well as functional, operational automation code)
- Design and develop bug fixes and feature enhancements in existing Cloud services and operations modules/products.
- Based on approved design, code, test, and document new infrastructure components and their extensions
- Estimate tasks and projects of roughly 1 person-day to 1 person-week level effort
- Enter daily report of work progress against planned target, including any exceptions
- Follow the mandated processes and adhere to Design/Test/Code/Document guidelines
- Log data in Timesheet
Must-have qualifications and skills
- Bachelors in Engineering from a top rated engineering school like the IITs, NITs, BITS-Pilani, COEP, VJTI or an equivalent school from another country
- Previous experience in developing and deploying applications with Web Services protocols (HTTP, DNS, SSL, REST)
- High comfort level with Unix (especially Linux)
- Must be a great communicator and capable of not just doing the work, but explaining the “why” behind complicated technical decisions.
- Good inter-personal skills—ability to work well in teams and a character to appreciate others’ work
- Enthusiasm—eagerness to remain on top of one’s work
- High learnability—be able to pick up new ideas / concepts
Good-to-have qualifications and skills
- Previous experience with one or more IaaS cloud computing platform (AWS, OpenStack, Google Compute Engine, Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with infrastructure automation such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with Load Balancing
- Should have ideally worked in at least one release, start to end
- Should have worked in a single company if less than 2 years’ experience; and should not have changed more than 1 job if more than 2 years’ total experience
- Should be able to travel to other offices of eGain—travel period may vary from a week to 3 months
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word to email@example.com and include the position in the subject line of the email.