eGain customer engagement solutions power digital transformation for leading brands. Our top-rated cloud applications for social, mobile, web, and contact centers help clients deliver connected customer journeys in an omnichannel world. To learn more about eGain, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, or visit http://www.egain.com/
Cloud Engineering (CE) works in an agile DevOps model, closely aligned with the Cloud Operations and Product Engineering teams, develops and automates the deployment and operations of new eGain Cloud product capabilities, supports released cloud services for any reported defects and works towards continuous integration and operational process automation. This team also reviews, suggests, and prototypes technology or architectural changes to existing cloud-based products and services.
We are currently looking for software development professionals to join our Cloud Engineering team in Pune, India.
POSITION: CLOUD SOFTWARE ENGINEER I
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 1 to 4 years in software development in software product companies
- Drive relentless automation across development and cloud operations – implement, manage, and optimize the associated tools and processes. Partner with development teams to deliver highly scalable and resilient cloud services around the world.
- Work with System Admin (SA), Operations and Product teams to identify and automate regular manual activities.
- Partner with development and operations teams to ensure systems are properly monitored, instrumented and supported.
- Understand, troubleshoot and refactor existing cloud services deployments of high complexity (this includes improving tests as well as functional, operational automation code).
- Based on the approved design, code, test and document new infrastructure components and their extensions.
- Apply learning acquired through resolving customer/field issues by recommending and making improvements in the product for serviceability, performance, reliability, availability and scalability.
Must-have qualifications and skills
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Previous experience with one or more IaaS cloud computing platform (AWS, OpenStack, Google Compute Engine, Microsoft Azure)
- Programming/ scripting skills in at least three of these: Chef, Puppet, Ruby, Python, Perl, Shell
- Good understanding of Linux and scripting
- Must be a great communicator and capable of not just doing the work, but explaining the why behind complicated technical decisions
- Good inter-personal skills—ability to work well in teams and a character to appreciate others’ work
- Enthusiasm—eagerness to remain on top of one’s work
- High learnability—be able to pick up new ideas / concepts
- Should have worked in no more than 3 companies if less than 6 years’ experience; and should not have changed more than 4 jobs in case of 6-8 years of total experience.
- Should be able to travel to other offices of eGain. Travel period may vary from one to six weeks.
Send your resume and cover letter in MS Word to email@example.com and include the position in the subject line of the email.